• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At the very start of my journey

timeforachange

Hello everyone - I am completely new here and this sharing things online is a new concept to me - so please bear with me. I am hoping to be able to speak to other people going through the same as me on this forum - so here goes!

I have just been referred to St Marys Paddington for weight loss surgery and am desperately awaiting my first appointment (which I've been told can take 18 weeks!!). I had previously been referred to St Georges in Tooting but I had some concerns over standard of care (my mum had a sleeve done there and was treated appallingly by the nurses) so asked to be moved to St Marys.

I am hoping to be put forward for the Gastric Bypass, after speaking to the consultant and dietitian at St Georges was the best option for me. I have around 10-11 stone to lose (although it sounds completely ridiculous that I could even dream of loosing that much!). I have been 'big' my whole life so being slim or slimmer is completely alien to me.

I'm not really sure what I am looking for here - but I'm hoping to meet some people going through the same process as myself just to share this journey. I have watched lots of Youtube videos, and am so confident that this is the way forward for me that I am just so flippin excited to get this started now!

Does anyone else have any recent knowledge of St Marys or any experience to share?

Many Thanks!

Hello Timefoachange!
Welcome to the group, you will find many many helpful, kind, and willing to share people on here all at different stages of this weight lose surgery .
carry on doing your research get your head sorted and read up on some peoples stories on here .I wish you luck with everything

Welcome timeforachange!

As los in it says, there are so many amazingly friendly and supportive people here so I am sure you'll find the answers you need. Sounds like you have a good idea of what you want, so that's a brilliant start. I've not long had my first appointment with the Weight Loss Management team in my county so I think we might be at a similar stage??

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos too. Along with this forum, they give me hope. I've been big my whole life too so for me there is no 'getting back into my skinny jeans' or 'looking as good as I did twenty years ago'. It's hard to envision but with any luck we can both make it happen!

Good luck, keep us posted :) x

Sounds exactly like myself , I too am at the beginning of my journey , I've been referred to St. Georges and am waiting for my 1st appointment , I have to admit I'm so impatient !! Xx

Hey I'm in the same boat as you.been referred to St Mary's currently waiting for my letter from them.Ive heard everyone has to go through the tier 3 weight loss programme now either the 6 weeks or 12 months programme, hope that's not true but we will soon see :)
I'm having to do the 12 month tier 3 but nearly a month down already I think it will go quiet quickly hope you hear from them soon
Emma x

I'm having to do the 12 month tier 3 but nearly a month down already I think it will go quiet quickly hope you hear from them soon Emma x

I had to do that foxy but because my BMI was so high I was fast tracked and only did 6 months and then I was referred by my level 3 dietitian for surgery, good luck with it all x

Congratulations.. Hope it goes quickly for you.

Back