• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New here--post surgery

Purpletmar

Hi y'all! I just found this amazing site and am so excited to be here.

I had my VSG surgery last Weds., Oct. 12th and have been recovering. I am now on the purée and liquid diet and getting used to it. When I was at my heaviest, I was 250, after having my third child. I have tried Weight Watchers (lost 25#), Atkins (lost 40#) and any other diet you can think of, but nothing has stuck. I am ready for something drastic, where I won't be able to allow myself to cheat, because the ramifications are so big. Overall, I am at a BMI of 39 and when I first met with my surgeon, weighed 234#. On the day of surgery, I weighed 224#, so I am not sure where to start my tracking.

I have been having some gas pain, which I understand is normal, but other than that, feeling pretty good!

Quick question, I have not been very meticulous about measuring when preparing my food, but I have been with the amounts I am eating, and I am only eating 1-2 Tbs per meal. I am very nervous that this will effect my overall weight loss. Has anyone else had this?

I look forward to sharing this journey with you and thank you all in advance for your support!

-T

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hey purple, welcome to the site :) im pre op so cant help you with your question but im sure someone will be along soon, good luck with your journey :) xxx

hi purple

welcome to the otheside this is the start of something amazing! i started tracking my weight from the weight i was the day of my surgery and i was then at the my heaviest and hoped that i would start loosing..which i have 2.5 years post op..

try to eat low fat foods as long as you mostly control your portions size the rest will come after at the moment you have basically got to learn a whole new way of eating after years or eating a different way!

The trapped gas will go i promise but can take a couple of weeks........

good luck and take care

this is a great sight and you can get loads of help!

Suzanne x

hi purple and welcome

Hi Purple and welcome to the forum from me too :D

Hi and welcome. Just a day after u so still recovering good luck in ur new journey x

This site is fantastic for support and advice. I only found it myself a month ago, even though I had a band fitted in 2007. It's made a massive difference to me and my outlook. I don't feel as though I'm on my own any more.

Welcome purple n good luck :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back