• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm new here and just had surgery

giggs

Hi All,
Like my title says, I am new to the group ... although a few times when I have Googled questions it has showed me this group for answers. I had gastric band surgery on Saturday - 3 days ago!
So far so good too! I'm on a liquid diet and even though I am cooking for the rest of the family this hadn't bothered me too much, what I am struggling with is the pain from what I am guessing is wind in my shoulder, I have wind in my stomach but that passes but hardly hurts. I've been doing things and taking stuff to help the pain, but tonight it was at its worse.

Hoping to meet new friends and share experiences here.

Thanks for reading,
giggs xx :)

Hi Giggs, welcome to the forum.
I don't know much about Bands because I'm a bypasser, 5 weeks post op now.
But in the long run we're all here for the same reason aren't we?
Hope your pain subsides soon and lots of luck with your liquid diet and recovery.
Em xxxxx

Hi Giggs and welcome dont know much on the wind side but am sure a bander will be along soon who will be able to answer your question. Hope you have a speedy recovery

Hi Giggs and welcome to both the forum and the losers bench. Your pain in the shoulder certainly does sound like wind pain. Try moving around a bit and hopefully that will get it moving. Not sure about the stomach pain as I'm also a bypasser but remember your insides have been moved around and budged about and the port will have been stitched in somewhere so there's bound to be some internal bruising etc. that will cause pain. I remember after my op that I felt like I'd been hit by a bus.

Hope it all feels a bit better soon and you're up and about again.

Kate x

Hi Giggs I had the wind right up to day 10, all I could do is walk around and take windeeze !! Just try and sit upright as much as you can and don't gulp you liquid lol xxx good luck...

Welcome :)

Try a hot water bottle where it hurts to try to ease the pain, as well as moving around. I used deflatine but found Boots own wind easer worked better.

Welcome to a fantastic site I know the support on this site
I understand how you are feeling and agree a hot water bottle will help but it will get better soon also walking around helps to get rid off the trapped wind
Take care
Mark

hi hope you ok had my band sat Dpark . like you i had pain in my left side omg but today i feel much better was all set to go back and them take it out lol x

Thank you all for your kind replies and making me feel very welcome. I've been up and about since Monday :) (got kids!!) I've done a bit of walking about until I feel pulling in my side. The pain in my shoulder comes and goes, it actually hurts most when I burp lol. I have a heat pad that wraps around my neck and shoulders - love it!
I took off my dressing today because I was sooooooo itchy, my skin looks like its had a small reaction to the dressings. I'm gonna put a fresh dressing on the 2 biggest incisions before bed just to protect them. Still doing well with liquid diet, although I need to drink more!!

Back