• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

upcoming surgery

I am new :):)to this site.I am hoping that I can have my surgery in the next 6 months. I had binge eating disorder and had to have a year of counselling first and have to be binge free for 12 months. I am having my surgery at L and D. Has anyone else had an eating disorder???

Hi welcome. I had the same eating disorder and did CBT before my surgery. I've not binged since the surgery so good news. Well done on working through it. Best of luck for your surgery :)

Hey.. :)
I had BED too, I'm 1 month out from surgery & I had counselling about 9 months beforehand for about 3 months. There wasn't a timescale as I had already been referred for gastric bypass but my original surgeon had said she was glad everything was in place as she wouldn't operate on me had I not had or planned to have counselling. I probably binged twice in the 9 months before my surgery but after counselling and recognising my triggers it didn't feel the same so I just stopped. Good luck the journey is so worth it and I'm still at the beginning ;)
Chyna
Xx

Im so happy your getting your surgery you have done so well to stick the year out..Good for you!!!!!

good luck with your journey, i dont have an eating disrder but im sure wls could only benefit you x x x

Back