• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to the world of gastric band....

ginstar

Hi, am hoping I can get some advise please?

I had my band fitted 2 days ago and expected discomfort with not only the operation but also the air that is placed into the abdomen but would be interested to know if anyone else experiences/experienced pain behind their left boob which, at the moment, stops me in my tracks. I also have chronic flatulence :eek::eek::eek:- something I have never had before. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks xx

Hi and welcome Ginstar,
I was in a little pain after my band was fitted. I had pain around the port scar, and had to roll myself out of bed!! Also experienced some trapped wind in my left shoulder, which they tell you to expect. Maybe the pain you have is trapped wind making its way to your shoulder, as it disperses at the shoulder cos it has nowhere else to go! Get some peppermint tea/deflatine/windeze to ease your symptoms and hopefully it will go soon enough!
Good luck on your journey
xx

ginstar said:
Hi, am hoping I can get some advise please?

I had my band fitted 2 days ago and expected discomfort with not only the operation but also the air that is placed into the abdomen but would be interested to know if anyone else experiences/experienced pain behind their left boob which, at the moment, stops me in my tracks. I also have chronic flatulence :eek::eek::eek:- something I have never had before. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks xx

All completely normal and part of the healing process I'm afraid

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Ginstar, give it a few days and the shoulder/breast pain disappears ... But the like the band is your new lifetime buddy, so is the flatulence :rolleyes: x

Very strange but for me no burps since my band!! Plenty of action the other end, as before the band. Just after the band was fitted, i had a strange feeling in my chest like I wanted to burp but couldn't. Now I dont get that feeling!
xx

Thank you all so much!!! xxxxxx

Back