• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New today

barbs73

Hi everyone thought I would say hello and introduce myself, I have been on the waiting list a while now and for the 2nd time have struggled to meet my 1 stone target weight loss, so have been referred to Dr Wells the clinical psychologist, why is losing weight so hard :-(

Hi Barbs. Where are you based? Sorry to hear you are struggling with the weight loss they have set you :( It seems daft doesn't it when one of the reasons we need the surgery is we can't do it on our own and we need that tool to help us. Hopefully the psychologist can get you into the right frame of mind to do what you need to do in order to get the surgery x x

I'm based in Gateshead and have been referred to Sunderland Royal Hospital, it is hard you probably know yourself, think I've had years and years of yo-yo dieting and I think it's just took it's tole on me, just feel I have lost the will to diet, but saying that I did start afresh on Monday, eating well and walking my dogs every day, so that's a good start, how about yourself? x

Welcome to the boards :)

And the recent changes you've made are a good start, sometimes we have to make small changes and when they all come together, it amounts to so much more :)

It is hard and somehow you have to try and focus on the bigger picture in terms of getting the surgery and what that will mean for you in terms of future overall weight loss. And like Kat says small changes are good - try and keep them up with surgery as a motivator :)

I'm still at assessment stage so not sure if I am lucky enough to be funded yet :( I've had to jump through the many hoops in order to get to this stage. If I don't get funding I'll maybe try and take out a loan and go private (although already in debt so not great but I turned 40 last year and decided it was time for some major life changes - weight loss being the first I hope!) x x

Is the funding different in some areas, how do you know if you have the funding or not, because I worry they'll just send me away and say no.

Hiya just wanted to say hello and yes funding is different in other areas. good luck xx

If you're on the waiting list surely it means you have funding!? Every PCT has different criteria :/ Are you on the waiting list for surgery/a date for surgery? If yes, you're at the last stage prior to surgery - hurrah! :)

hi barbs good luck with everything xxx never give in is the best way to look at it :) we've almost all had set backs for different reasons but here we are xxx

Back