• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Yorkshire Girl - Gastric Balloon

MsGB

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of your stories which have encouraged me to join as I am only telling 1 person about my impending gastric balloon procedure. I have realised that I will need a support network which I am hoping will be you :)

I have battled with my weight over the past 18 years. I was successful on weight watchers on 2 occasions but since having my children I haven't been able to stick to a diet. I am an emotional eater so I know that I have to address this over the next few months to ensure that the gastric balloon works for me and keeps the weight off in the future.

I am penciled in to have the gastric balloon on 29th June but I am undecided as to whether to go for the 6 month or the 12 month option to give me time to overcome my emotional issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

It would be great to hear from anyone who has had the gastric balloon and their thoughts?

Thanks for reading and good luck on your weight loss journey. I hope I can join you.

Hi MsGB

I had a bib balloon for 6 months and it was non adjustable. The problem i had was that after about 3 months i lost restriction and found it hard to lose weight . I lost about 3 stone in total with the balloon. There are a few ladies on here that have had or still got the spatz balloon they seen to be having success with them..

I would consider what would happen when the balloon comes out, if you are a yo yo dieter it might be hard for you to keep to healthy eating.

My precedure was carried out to help me lose weight before a bypass because my liver was enlarged.

I hope i am of some help

Nicky x

Hi Nicky,

Thanks for your reply.
I am really tempted with the spatz because of its flexibility and having longer to get my emotional eating under control. On the other hand I'm worried about having a lot of side effects and these going on for a lot longer. Also if I want to have a re-fill it's a further £750. I have 3 1/2 stone to lose which isn't as much as others so wonder if the 6 month option would be OK. So much to think about :)
Well done on your weight loss so far, you must be very pleased with your achievements.
xx

God luck on your journey hun
Karen x

Welcome and good luck on your Journey.

Kaz
x

Hi Everyone, I have been reading a lot of your stories which have encouraged me to join as I am only telling 1 person about my impending gastric balloon procedure. I have realised that I will need a support network which I am hoping will be you :) I have battled with my weight over the past 18 years. I was successful on weight watchers on 2 occasions but since having my children I haven't been able to stick to a diet. I am an emotional eater so I know that I have to address this over the next few months to ensure that the gastric balloon works for me and keeps the weight off in the future. I am penciled in to have the gastric balloon on 29th June but I am undecided as to whether to go for the 6 month or the 12 month option to give me time to overcome my emotional issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated? It would be great to hear from anyone who has had the gastric balloon and their thoughts? Thanks for reading and good luck on your weight loss journey. I hope I can join you.

Which one did you go for and how did you do?x

Back