• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused.com

kismet68

Hi guys,

Well I thought I'd say a quick 'hello'. New to all this. Have been doing my research on gastric balloon. Have taken the plunge and have my 1st consultation early next month. Like many I have tried every diet from cabbage soup to lighter life ( both as disgusting as the other).
Would really appreciate some guidance and thoughts on the balloon.
K
X

No idea about the balloon but just wanted to say welcome! I am a newbie too, having a band fitted in June x

Im a bander so have no idea of balloons, but welcome!

Welcome to the forum. I am a bander and as such really know little about the balloon but it is my understanding that it is used for a limited period of time often to lose weight prior to surgery. It is the fact that it is for a limited period of time that my wife wanted me to consider it before deciding on the band but as I told her I have previously lost weight on conventional diets only to put it back on plus a bit more and what I needed was a more permanent solution. Hope someone with balloon experience comes along soon.

Thanks for your good wishes. I have found a wealth of information on here already. I have looked at balloon v band and I feel the balloon wins the argument. I know what my problem is. I don't eat take aways, processed food etc but I eat to big a portion. I need to re educate my head Lol
I am also facing knee surgery and don't want 2 general anethestics close together
Have booked my appointment for the 8th so will keep you posted
K

Back