• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie & Fed Up

FedUpWaiting

I had my initial meeting with Spire Blackpool in Jan 2012 it was exciting and i was given a date for May 1st for my op. Month before they cancelled it rudely over the phone it was very heartless call and i was in tears.
Been to and fro with them constantly chasing them, wasted journeys to the hospital with false promises right up to today. My funding is in place for my bypass, due to a blood condition I now have to have a vena cava fitted which requires more funding! Ive now been waiting months for this funding to come through. Constant calls to the Hospital for updates, they do actually avoid your calls which is more frustrating.
My mobility is gettin worse daily I am in agonising pain with my back and legs, and yes I do tell the hospital each time I ring how desperately I need this operation doing asap.
They have wasted so much time i honestly dont think they will ever do my operation. If I could i would make them live a day in the agonising pain I am in so they know how it feels, maybe then they wouldnt keep delaying my operation.
The longer it goes on the harder it is to keep my chin up that *one day* i will get my op Ive fought years to get funding for.
I came across this site tonight by chance and I am hoping others can help me if they have gone through similar problems as I have right now? Does anyone have any advice?
Im sat in tears right now cos I cant face another day of disappointment and agonising pain.

Oh I am so sorry for all ur problem:-(

Honestly don't get upset it will happen for u I no it will.

Tbh I can't really give u any advice on being a bypasses as I had a band but just wanted to let u no ur not alone if u wanted anyone to speak to

Lisa x

oh hune so sorry about your pain know how you feel my knees and feet kill, and i am having my op in jan, and am worried that i wont last till then, i am on my feet all day and do a very physical job. i hope you get your answer real soon hune.

Phone up the hospital and speak to someone in the PALS office. Tell them your story and how long you have been waiting and they will look into the issue for you.

Well a little update I called the PCT my case is gonna be put in front of the 2nd panel on 4th October. (1st one decided whether I def needed the inferior vena cava, 2nd allocates funding) so its progress I guess, now just waiting for 4th October. The guy on the phone said they will send out letters to me, GP and surgeon within 2 weeks of that meeting. So fingers crossed I get some news then.

Back