• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

absolutley gutted :(

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Hi all
I have 2 really close friends (there married) who i have known for 30 years and i see them at least 3 times a week, i suppose i love them because we have been through everything together, i consider them my family.
They have decided to move to Eastbourne and im devastated. I cant believe how this has made me feel, just when im getting my confidence back to go out and about with them more , i wish they wouldnt go. I did have another friend but since my op she hasnt returned my calls and obviously doesnt want to know (you really find out who your friends are!)
They are planning to go next month and the tears wont stop coming, i know ive got to pull myself together but wtf i didnt think it would make me feel like this!
They have been so supportive of my op and so nice, nicer than my family.
Any words of wisdom welcome. sob, sob.

Kim

Oh Kim, of course you will be tearful - both for what you have shared together in the past and for having to manage another big change in your life. However difficult, try to see this as an opportunity - firstly to get to know a new place because of course you will be visiting them - and each time looking better and more vibrant. Secondly perhaps this is a chance to branch out and find something new for you socially. I moved from London having lived there for 16 years and left my friends behind. I didn't think I would cope but I now have a small but very good social group around me. Hope you feel better soon. Tracey xxx

Oh Kim, of course you will be tearful - both for what you have shared together in the past and for having to manage another big change in your life. However difficult, try to see this as an opportunity - firstly to get to know a new place because of course you will be visiting them - and each time looking better and more vibrant. Secondly perhaps this is a chance to branch out and find something new for you socially. I moved from London having lived there for 16 years and left my friends behind. I didn't think I would cope but I now have a small but very good social group around me. Hope you feel better soon. Tracey xxx
Thanks tracey, im very emotional at the moment what with the huge change regarding the op and then them telling me there going. Its made me realise one thing im not too good at coping with change, but thanks for your reply honey, its good to talk.

Kim

stuckinafatsuit said:
Hi all
I have 2 really close friends (there married) who i have known for 30 years and i see them at least 3 times a week, i suppose i love them because we have been through everything together, i consider them my family.
They have decided to move to Eastbourne and im devastated. I cant believe how this has made me feel, just when im getting my confidence back to go out and about with them more , i wish they wouldnt go. I did have another friend but since my op she hasnt returned my calls and obviously doesnt want to know (you really find out who your friends are!)
They are planning to go next month and the tears wont stop coming, i know ive got to pull myself together but wtf i didnt think it would make me feel like this!
They have been so supportive of my op and so nice, nicer than my family.
Any words of wisdom welcome. sob, sob.

Kim

That's not much notice!

Bless you, everything happens for a reason. While I hate saying that, everytime something crap happens to me, I eventually see the good in it.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Oh bless ya, make the msot of the time you ahve together and just think nice holidays you can write, txt, email and visit, its true what they say, we can pick our friends but not our family. Be strong and maybe its time to fly solo for a while with your new found confidence, don't be sad just be thankful for all the special times you have shared and will share, just bit more space between you all. xx Its only natural to feel as you do especially as they have been a good dource of support to you. take care lovely and keep posting when you need to xx

I sort of know how you feel, unfortunately it was me that had to move and leave my best friend a 40 min drive away. We've been friends she we were 3 and live around the corner from each other for 28 years but I had to move and then I couldn't find anywhere in the area to rent that allowed dogs. 40mins doesn't sound much but neither of us can drive and it cost quite a bit by train so seeing each other isn't easy. I'm not going to lie it is hard, I'm closer to her than my own sister but we talk everyday by text and email often. I go stay at her flat as often as I can. You will make it work. Good friends stick by you no matter what and you will find lots of ways to spend time together. Skype is good these days and of course day trips by the beach is always fun. Let yourself feel sad, it's ok, it's horrible when something like this happens but you will feel better soon, especially when you see that you will still be close :) x

Oh poor you. Of course you are going to feel upset but the key is to not let it be a set back for you personally or your weight loss.
On the positive side you will visit them & they will visit you. I love Eastbourne , my goddaughters are at boarding school there. I was devestaed 16 years go when their Mum, my best friend, moved back to Bermuda, never did I think that I would have her 2 daughters here in the UK. It has given me great pleasure. I live in London.
Hopefully when you start to feel better perhaps you could venture out to see if you can get more of a social life. Sometimes change can lead to positive things. I like you don't like change but our surgery is one of the biggest changes we will undergo & we've done that.
I actually do quite a bit on my own despite friends & family. I meet so many lovely people. I joined the trendiest women's institute ever & several spin offs such as knit & natter in a cool wine bar, a secret cake club - baking not eating! A book club, short courses. Also check out website Meet ups - loads of like minded people meeting up due to common interests. Good luk.

Bellydance - Thanks for the Meet up information - I've found a group for those wishing to learn to dance Argentina tango!! Just gotta convince the other half now. Tracey xxx

Ahhh Kim - that is heart wrenching for you! Would they think you were a stalker if you followed? New town and job may be just what the new you needs??
xxxxxxxx

Great stuff. Love to do that the passion, the music, the .... Stop me I'm getting all dreamy eyed.
Been to several of these meet ups. Great fun - shame th Jane Austen one has closed down - Mr Darcy mmmmm there I go again!

Back