• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Lancs

marjatanch

hi, thought it was time to introduce myself. my name is marj, I am married with 4 grown up kids and 1 lovely 4 year old grandaughter. I started my pre - op diet on monday of this week (tummy been rumbling since ) ready for my op on the 26th September. Mr Macadam is my surgeon at Spire Fylde Coast Hospital Blackpool.

Welcome and good luck love x

Hello There and welcome.

You've joined a very friendly and more importantly informative site that will answer any queries you may have.

Safe journey and good luck with your pre op diet, your surgery and beyond:)

welcome marj :) great place here, just join in and ask anything you want, everyone will help :) x

Hello and Welcome Marja. You're pre-op diet will be over before you know it and so worth the effort :eek:)

Hi Welcome Marja - also from lancashire - down in Bury!! Hope all goes well for you on your journey!! Hold tight!!

Welcome Marj, hang in there, you will soon be glad you went through the tummy rumbling stage when you bypass is all done and dusted and you are reaping the rewards. I'm also from the North West, quite near to Ruth. I am in Haslingden in Rossendale.
Lynne x

Hi and Welcome Marg xx

hi, thought it was time to introduce myself. my name is marj, I am married with 4 grown up kids and 1 lovely 4 year old grandaughter. I started my pre - op diet on monday of this week (tummy been rumbling since ) ready for my op on the 26th September. Mr Macadam is my surgeon at Spire Fylde Coast Hospital Blackpool.

hi welcome aboard. I have my surgery on the same day as you, but will have been on the milk diet for three weeks all in all. Not found it too bad other than when I am at home and could eat a horse. :17729: Good luck with the diet and will be thinking about you on the 26th when I am on my way down to theatre. :D

Hi Marj - welcome ! You'll get heaps of support here. Rob Macadam did my gastric band at Spire Fylde Coast on July 5th this year - you are in very good hands, the support both pre and post op has been fantastic, are you on Facebook ? If so Rob has a page - check it out as has lots of links to useful info. whilst I can't answer any bypass questions please feel free to ask anything else about the hospital, team or support - good luck !

Michelle xxx

Hi Marj i am new on here and have just had acceptance for funding and have also chosen Blackpool but haven't even had first appt yet , please would you mind letting me know how long this has taken for you to get this far, my doctor is contacting PCT again as they forgot to send him referal for hospital choice etc :) Good luck x

Hi Marj, Rob Macadam is my consultant (although it was Mr Kerrigan who actually did my surgery) and he's lovely. Where in Lancs are you? I'm in Preston so I go to the Spire Fylde Coast hosp for my appointments.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, I've found it invaluable throughout my wls journey. Have a look around and ask if you need any info or help. Xx

hi angie it all went quite quickly after I chose which hospital. Had my appointment at Fylde coast on 18 july - it lasted 4 hours - and was booked for surgery on 26 september. Hope you get your soon xx

Hi Marj, Rob Macadam is my consultant (although it was Mr Kerrigan who actually did my surgery) and he's lovely. Where in Lancs are you? I'm in Preston so I go to the Spire Fylde Coast hosp for my appointments.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, I've found it invaluable throughout my wls journey. Have a look around and ask if you need any info or help. Xx

hi jaxx, I am from blackpool so easy to get to the hospital. Do you go to the support group there? thanks for your welcome and congrats on doing sooooo well xx

Thanks Marj i'm just worried something is going to put a spanner in the works now especially as i have heard about the stories of aponea, i think i just assumed every large person has it so didn't worry about it before reading on here. x

Back