• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from sunderland

jacqui.w

Hi I've just had a gastric bypass at Sunderland royal on the 13th February 2015. I'm managing pretty well, in my first two weeks I lost 13.5 lbs but in this third week I've only lost 2 lb. what's going on I feel so deflated.

That's totally normal hun, weight loss is pretty quick the first couple of weeks then should settle at a couple of pounds a week. I remember being a bit deflated at that point and thinking blinking heck what have I done, I could do that with slimming world!! Then I had to have a word with myself - the reality is I couldn't do it with slimming world or any other diet, at least not every week with minimal effort!! I expected the weight to come off overnight and had to learn new realistic expectations.
It will come off steadily, try not to get disheartened but it is going to slow down and steadily is by far the best way to avoid problems. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself hun, it takes time x

Stick with it I was the same the other week only lost 1lb and was gutted but stick with it and we'll done on your loss so far. X

That's totally normal hun, weight loss is pretty quick the first couple of weeks then should settle at a couple of pounds a week. I remember being a bit deflated at that point and thinking blinking heck what have I done, I could do that with slimming world!! Then I had to have a word with myself - the reality is I couldn't do it with slimming world or any other diet, at least not every week with minimal effort!! I expected the weight to come off overnight and had to learn new realistic expectations. It will come off steadily, try not to get disheartened but it is going to slow down and steadily is by far the best way to avoid problems. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself hun, it takes time x
Thanks for the advice x

Back