• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Northumberland

Misty3202

Hi all

I'm well overdue introducing myself, having frequented these forums for a couple of years now.

I'm in my early 50's, have Type 2 Diabetes which has been very unstable (diagnosed 14 years ago). What's maybe unusual is that I'm now post-op, having had a sleeve gastrectomy on 23/8/16 at Sunderland Royal Hospital. I live with my lovely hubby and my pets.

Although my Consultant is Mr Jennings, Mr Mahawar conducted the operation.

I spent a lot of time with Tony Wells, psychologist at SRH - I had a lot of challenging life experiences over the past couple of years, which actually helped me change my relationship with food positively.

So, I'm 4 weeks out from the op on Tuesday and I'm so sick of the puréed diet! ; . I can try soft foods from Tuesday. My appetite has been OK until this week, but has dropped - although I do have a water infection, which may have something to do with it.

Looking forward to partaking of the forum :)

Hi all

I'm well overdue introducing myself, having frequented these forums for a couple of years now.

I'm in my early 50's, have Type 2 Diabetes which has been very unstable (diagnosed 14 years ago). What's maybe unusual is that I'm now post-op, having had a sleeve gastrectomy on 23/8/16 at Sunderland Royal Hospital. I live with my lovely hubby and my pets.

Although my Consultant is Mr Jennings, Mr Mahawar conducted the operation.

I spent a lot of time with Tony Wells, psychologist at SRH - I had a lot of challenging life experiences over the past couple of years, which actually helped me change my relationship with food positively.

So, I'm 4 weeks out from the op on Tuesday and I'm so sick of the puréed diet! ; . I can try soft foods from Tuesday. My appetite has been OK until this week, but has dropped - although I do have a water infection, which may have something to do with it.

Looking forward to partaking of the forum :)
Hi Misty. Welcome. There's lots of support on here and many stories that reflect yours. I am about to start pureed diet on Tuesday and am sick of liquid stage 1. No doubt in 2 weeks time I will be saying the same as you :) I also have a urine infection that started 3 days ago and my appetite has dropped, so reassuring that someone else is experiencing the same.

Welcome! I'm about to be admitted to SRH tomorrow for my op. It's nice to see someone relatively local posting.
I had to see Tony for nearly a year and he helped a lot. I know some people resent the time the psych appointments add on, but I'm glad I had to go. He really was encouraging and helped me work through my weight issues.

Hello and welcome! I am on my 2nd week of purée and can't wait to crunch something! Ha ha!
Hope your infection clears up soon.

Hello and welcome :)

Hello and welcome! The puree stage is about to come to an end and the next chapter is about to start,what do you plan to have? I think mine was cottage pie never tasted so good!

Cottage pie never tasted so good sounds like a great movie tag line :p
Just me? I'll get my coat :oops:

I have been pureeing home made casseroles - I can't wait to eat one that isn't purée! I do have a cottage pie in the freezer though so might need to thaw that next week!

I recall my first slow cooked beef stew and veg.....heaven!

Back