• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Surrey

Tatiana

Hi All,

Just a quick post as I am new to the forum. I am rapidly approaching 40 years of age and, after a journey that has taken the best part of 2 years (so far), I am finally on a surgeon's waiting list for my operation - sleeve gastrectomy - and should have my operation within the next couple of months!!!

Now, I'm going to have a look around the site and make myself familiar with it and the members, and, when I find the correct part of the site, I will post the story of my journey so far!!

Tatiana
(P.S. Tatiana is a pseudonym and, once I've been around a bit longer, I may start using my actual name!!)

Hiya i was 43 when i had my surgery 71/2 months ago gotta say it was the best thing i have ever done. Dont regret one iota of it even though i was & have been really unwell but the best bit having lost 6 1/2 stone & being able to walk into any shop & buy clothes of the rack, i was a size 22 top,20/22 bottom now 14 top, 12 bottom . The very best of luck with your journey & enjoy the new you as im enjoying the new me & can actually take a compliment now xxxxxx

Thanks for your post.

I'm now on a 5 week countdown to my surgery having got my date yesterday!

My weight loss goal is 8-9 stones over about 2 years - had previously set a goal weight but not a timeframe and the original psychologist said it was an unreasonable expectaton! She had assumed I was thinking I could do it in 12 months! She also decided I was socially isolated despite spending the majority of my week in the company of others. As a result I was delayed by 8 months waiting for a psychiatrist appointment only to meet him and be told there are no reasons not to go ahead!

Now I'm on this site and people are achieving 8-9 stone easily in a year! I just think the woman took a dislike to me because I wouldn't change a holiday to see her with 10 days notice or travel to a farm in the middle of nowhere for the appointment!

Ih well, she's out of my life now and it's all good!

Tatiana

Back