• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Andie1962

Hi everyone I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey I am hoping to have the sleeve operation at UCL in London feel very nervous about the operation but I can't carry all this weight around any longer as my health is suffering.
I am waiting for my pre op assessment appointment and have no date yet for surgery.
Can anyone tell me what normally happens at this appointment.
Would also like to hear from anyone else who had surgery at the UCL and what your experience was.
My consultant is Mr Jenkingson.
Thanks

Hi & welcome! I am also under Mr Jenkinson at UCLH, due to have my sleeve next week (first op date cancelled on the day for lack of beds)

I had my pre-op on 28th Feb & it consisted of a meeting with the Dietician to discuss Liver Shrinking Diet, meeting with nurse to go over op (again) weigh-in, blood pressure & quick heart monitor.... all lasted maybe 2 hrs max.

Got a phonecall on the following Monday with my original op date, the date to start LS Diet & the date to do blood tests & MRSA swab.

Trust me it all goes into a whirl from there & time flies.... good luck with your journey :)

Are you local to the hospital??

Hi & welcome! I am also under Mr Jenkinson at UCLH, due to have my sleeve next week (first op date cancelled on the day for lack of beds) I had my pre-op on 28th Feb & it consisted of a meeting with the Dietician to discuss Liver Shrinking Diet, meeting with nurse to go over op (again) weigh-in, blood pressure & quick heart monitor.... all lasted maybe 2 hrs max. Got a phonecall on the following Monday with my original op date, the date to start LS Diet & the date to do blood tests & MRSA swab. Trust me it all goes into a whirl from there & time flies.... good luck with your journey :) Are you local to the hospital??

Hi thanks for your message I live in north west London so it only a 30 minute train ride to the hospital. Are you based in London also?
It's so nice to hear from somebody else who has the same consultant at the same hospital.
I bet you are really excited about having your operation?
I felt really scared about having such a big operation when he first recommended the sleeve to me but finding this site has made me feel more at ease about the whole experience and there are so many inspiring people who have done amazing on here. I am hoping that I will be fine after because I still feel nervous about the whole thing
Wishing you the best of luck for next week xx

Hi & welcome! I am also under Mr Jenkinson at UCLH, due to have my sleeve next week (first op date cancelled on the day for lack of beds) I had my pre-op on 28th Feb & it consisted of a meeting with the Dietician to discuss Liver Shrinking Diet, meeting with nurse to go over op (again) weigh-in, blood pressure & quick heart monitor.... all lasted maybe 2 hrs max. Got a phonecall on the following Monday with my original op date, the date to start LS Diet & the date to do blood tests & MRSA swab. Trust me it all goes into a whirl from there & time flies.... good luck with your journey :) Are you local to the hospital??

Hi Gemzy
I sent you a message back but it has disappeared hopefully you get this one .
Good luck with your weight loss journey also... .its nice to hear from someone who is having surgery at the same hospital and with the same consultant:) I live in north west London are u based in London also?
I bet your feeling excited about next week I can't wait until I get a date for the op.

Hello you!
Good luck in all you wish for.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck :)

Hi and good luck :)

Hi thanks for your message I live in north west London so it only a 30 minute train ride to the hospital. Are you based in London also?
It's so nice to hear from somebody else who has the same consultant at the same hospital.
I bet you are really excited about having your operation?
I felt really scared about having such a big operation when he first recommended the sleeve to me but finding this site has made me feel more at ease about the whole experience and there are so many inspiring people who have done amazing on here. I am hoping that I will be fine after because I still feel nervous about the whole thing
Wishing you the best of luck for next week xx

Excited, Scared, Dubious, Worried, Trying not to build it up incase it gets cancelled again, every emotion there is basically :8855:
I am local, just up the road in Chalk Farm.
I'm sure you will be just fine, any operation is a nervy experience, we just have to focus on the brand new life after WLS.
Fingers crossed you get your dates soon :)

Welcome to the forum and good luck x

welcome and good luck

Excited, Scared, Dubious, Worried, Trying not to build it up incase it gets cancelled again, every emotion there is basically :8855: I am local, just up the road in Chalk Farm. I'm sure you will be just fine, any operation is a nervy experience, we just have to focus on the brand new life after WLS. Fingers crossed you get your dates soon :)

Hopefully you won't have another cancellation I am sure everything will be ok this time . You live down the road from me I'm in Hendon xx

Back