• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie, might have or might not have funding.....help

Ive been on this site for sometime now but just read other peoples threads and now have a reason to write my own thread....So hello to everyone;)
I have been seeing my Dr for 5 years regarding my weight and I have increasingly got bigger and bigger
To cut a very long story short I have now been reffered for weight loss surgery:eek:
My BMI is 40 and where I live I fit into our criterea for wls and I have arthritis in both knees and have to have both of my knees replaced at the age of 35 so any weight loss will help the life of my new knees.
I am unable to exercise hence why ive been getting bigger, anyway back to the referal, I was refered for funding in May phoned my Dr last week and he confirmed I have funding and gave me a phone number to ring to ask what to expect next? A week later and several phone calls I now find out that the phone number was for the funding admin office who state that they do not have any paper work from my Dr so funding carnt have been confirmed:cry:
Phoned Dr again and he still states I have funding but now can not find the letter...just waiting for him to phone back now. I think he has me confused with some1 else...im so confused & upset:sigh::cry: Anyone from Bexhill???

Ive been on this site for sometime now but just read other peoples threads and now have a reason to write my own thread....So hello to everyone;)
I have been seeing my Dr for 5 years regarding my weight and I have increasingly got bigger and bigger
To cut a very long story short I have now been reffered for weight loss surgery:eek:
My BMI is 40 and where I live I fit into our criterea for wls and I have arthritis in both knees and have to have both of my knees replaced at the age of 35 so any weight loss will help the life of my new knees.
I am unable to exercise hence why ive been getting bigger, anyway back to the referal, I was refered for funding in May phoned my Dr last week and he confirmed I have funding and gave me a phone number to ring to ask what to expect next? A week later and several phone calls I now find out that the phone number was for the funding admin office who state that they do not have any paper work from my Dr so funding carnt have been confirmed:cry:
Phoned Dr again and he still states I have funding but now can not find the letter...just waiting for him to phone back now. I think he has me confused with some1 else...im so confused & upset:sigh::cry: Anyone from Bexhill???

Hi x

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a bad time of it with the doctors & pct, it seems so stressful for most of us & nothing is ever straight forward, I can honestly say this is up there with moving house/marraige/kids etc..... It like a whirlwind of emotion, you will get there eventually one way or another..... I do hope your Doctor clarify's the situation to you & that he hasn't made a mistake (thats one hell of a boo boo if he has!!) x

I have arthrits in both my knees too so fully understand the lack of exercise = gaining weight, I hope your feeling more positive soon & get the answers you need x all the best xx

Hi,welcome.
I to have osteoarthritis in both knees and after a lot of support from him and a large dose of no support from my GP surgery he suggested they apply for funding for a band for me as cheaper than him replacing my knees in the next few years. After a frustrating few months helping the surgery prove they had been supporting me funding was applied for and miraculously granted I am due my op in 2 weeks I am just over 2st lighter than I was when funding applied for but that hasn't stopped surgery as my history of loss & gain is ongoing far to way to fall off the wagon foodwise.
I can't wait to see the arthritis consultant at my next appointment to show him I managed some loss on my own and again post surgery to show him the new me and hopefully delay knee surgery for a few more years.
Good lick with your journey and I hope the go sorts out his paperwork to set you properly on your wayz

dont give up keep on at your doctor to get him/her to resolve the missing paperwork so you can take the next step forward

Poor you, It's such a hard decision to make and you must be in turmoil with all the messing about!!!
I hope you can get to the bottom of this soon, and can put your mind at rest
Wishing you all the best for the future X

Hi

I'm in Bexhill.

Which doctor are you with?

Local doctors can get funding from the PCT or the South Coast Commissioner. First one in Lewes, second one in Worthing.

Ask your GPs surgery for a copy of whatever it us they have received which confirms funding. When your GP received this they would have alsohave been told which hospitals you can pick from (if PCT funded then Chichester or Ashford, Middlesex. If Commissioner then the London hospitals).

My GP went through the Commissioning group and I'm expecting a letter from the hospital this week.

I work shifts but am off Friday this week if you want a coffee and chin wag about things.

Sorry, just seen the thing about the doctor losing the paperwork. Sounds 'iffy' to me as they scan things on these days.

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me:D made my day!!!

Ill keep everybody updated going to contact Doctor again next week but not holding out much hope:sigh:

Sue from Bexhill - I am with Dr Eaton at Dr Lawton and Partners!
What Doctors are you with?....
Would be great to meet you but I have thursdays off work although I am finished by 3.30pm!!!Can you do any other time at all or frid after 3.30pm?? Do you know if the referral goes to the same place no matter how its funded??or would they send them to different places pending if they are asking for funding from pct etc?
It would be great to have support from someone in the same area, thank you so much for offering:).

Hi

I'm at the Sea Road surgery, Dr Elias's practice although I see Dr French.

No, the two funding bodies are completely separate and their 'pots' are totally separate.

I'm training all day on Thursday in Eastbourne and am doing lates on Tuesday and Wednesday but, if it suits you, after 3.30pm on Friday is great.

Also there's a support group meeting in Eastbourne that I went to this month if you are interested. Next meeting is 13th July. People there are a mix of pre and post op

Hi Suepat,
Thanks friday would be great and the support meeting sounds great 2. Do u mind meeting at McDonalds frid at 4pm in Ravenside???Its only because I will have to bring the children and they can go and play so we can talk:D
Also I chased my Doctor today and he did get me confused with someone else so I dont have funding as they havent got the referal paperwork which he assures me he has sent this time:confused:
Im absolutely gutted and annoyed at the same time....I see u have problems with your appointment? Poor you, whats happening hun?

4pm at Ravenside McDs sounds good to me.

Are you on Facebook? If so feel free to add me and then I can give you my mobile number as I think you need 50 posts on here to send private messages x

Back