• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie - surgery abroad

Hi Sam

I just got back from having a plication I used the company beautiful beings i went to clinic 3 and thats in brno.....My whole experience so far has been amazing I'm 7 days post op and feeling good :)

wow brilliant,,, im nervous about plication cos its so new but I know the results are amazing, can I ask what made you finally decide on plication?? and did you ever consider the band? :)

Gastric plication is newish, but there are studies out there. Dr Talebpour, who originated LGCP, recently published based on his 12 year experience. NICE has also published guidance and there are quite a few other studies out there in the ether. I considered the band but discounted. Initial weight loss relies largely on willpower, because it often takes a few fills to find the sweetspot. Some find it hard to live with the band and there is quite a lot of data on the high long term failure and complication rate. In some areas the NHS no longer offer the band, preferring other weight loss procedures.

You could go to Stansted and travel direct to Brno from there. Cosmetic Bliss clients go to Brno, and for them flights from Stansted are included in price.

I decided on a plication because my mum and 4 of her sisters have bands and I don't think I could handle the way that they are sick... The plication sounded perfect for me not having a foreign object around my stomach or having anything cut away lol
And for the lady having it done in Brno if your going to the surgal clinic it's amazing don't think I've ever been looked after so well...if you are doing it via beautiful beings they look after you from start to finish transfer the lot I am a happy girl 8days post op!! :)

Czech Republic isn't that big a country, after all Bratislava is in Slovakia. If in any doubt, Google maps should give you an idea of the road journeys involved. I am flying into Prague and will then have 90 minute transfer to Turnov in the NW of the country, the rather romantically named Bohemian Paradise.

Any idea who your surgeon is yet? Personally, I wouldn't commit to any company without information about the surgeon's experience and results. Also check that there is follow up and EWL data. My surgery buddy had a failed wrap with Secret Surgery last year. It worked well to start with but she suddenly lost restriction, eg. suture line failure had caused plication to unwrap. The company didn't want to know, so she has had to shell out again for a wrap to sleeve revision.

Dawn, please don't feel pressured by them, just because they are the only ones who will accept you. You certainly shouldn't do anything until your stomach is OK. I know of 2 people who got out to CZR only to be refused treatment after their gastroscopy. One of those has since had surgery, but she had to go on a course of PPIs (eg. omeprazole, lansoprazole) and make sure everything was OK before she went back. She went to a different provider second time round. Her username on here is Angee if you want to check out her story. Have they said what will happen if gastroscopy prevents surgery, eg. how much money will you lose? You are also well within your rights to get details of your surgeon before you commit to anything. I know you must feel desperate, but you need to make clear you will not pay a deposit or commit to them without that information. What have they got to hide? I am aware of one surgeon in the CZR who has a high failure rate... sutures fail, plication unwraps and restriction lost.

I had a wrap in BRNO March with Cosmetic Bliss and I am 12 stone down and at goal. My advice is please don't be led by price. You are also paying for the experience and expertise of the surgeon. I went with CB because Dr Cierney has performed 1000's of these procedures and has an excellent reputation. Sadly many times you get what you pay for.

Back