• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric sleeve on 10/04/2016 any advice.

fayz88

I'm due to have the sleeve on 10/04/16 less in 10 days with the beautiful beings in Brno. My family and friends think I have gone mad because I'm travelling alone and it's abroad. I was very excited and now I'm so scared they have all been negative and it is getting to me a bit. However, I will still go through with I just need some positive comments from anyone who have used Beautiful Beings. Please if anyone has any stories you could share with me.

Thanks in advance.

I have been told that I don't need to do a pre-op liquid diet. I found this odd as everywhere I read said that they did a liquid diet two weeks or more. they just advised me to eat clean.

Hi Fay
Good luck with the surgery , your brave to do this alone for sure !
I don't know how much weight you have to lose ? Could be your not heavy enough to have to do the liver diet ?
If you are heavy , then I bet most on here would advice you to follow a liver shrink diet before hand just for the fact that it going to be safer during the op ? The liver sits on top of the stomach and if its enlarged and fatty it makes it harder for the surgeon ( watched it on YouTube ) . Shrinking it makes it a safer op , less chance of nicking the liver or bruising it ..
I've read through a lot of the forums on here and havnt come across anyone yet who didn't have to do some form of pre op diet .
I'm sure someone will come along in a bit who knows a lot more than me as I havnt had my band done yet ..
Good luck
Mindy
Xxx

Because I have a BMI under 40 I just have to do the high protein, low carb and sugar diet, with lower BMI's, many surgeons say the liquid diet is not necessary.

If you do a forum search there are a few people who have used Beautiful beings or surgal on here, and a few people on youtube have shared their experiences with them too which are all positive :)

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Thank you elizaxx, Countrywench and Niccie for your replies. even though they said eat clean I decided to do the slim fast and it is my 2nd day on shakes. My BMI is 37.5. The reason I did the pre-diet is I have uni, work and kids to come back to and do not want to take any risks of having issues after putting everything on hold to have the sleeve done. I could not afford to pay for anyone to come with me otherwise I would have. so I though its not that far to travel and go for it.

I didn't have to do a pre-op diet prior to my sleeve. My surgeon said he only suggests it with a BMI over 50. Mine was 32. Every surgeon is different though and eating clean for a few days before I'm sure will be fine.

Good luck with everything.

Hi. How are you getting on. I'm due to have my sleeve done at beautiful beings. How did you find the whole process

Back