• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EllieL

Hi everyone,
My name's Ellie. I've got my very first appt with my GP on Weds to find out if I can start the process towards WLS. my BMI is 50+ so I'm hoping I won't have to try meds first, I've tried VLCD and increasing exercise but I'm in so much pain in my knees and hips I'm really hoping I'll be able to get something started next week. Is there anyone from Cambridge who knows what their funding is like?

Hi Ellie

Good luck with your appointment x The criteria for Cambridgeshire is:

BMI over 40 with type 2 diabetes and/or severe sleep apnoea (hypertension is not an allowable comorbidity for surgery), are aged 18-60 and who have been receiving intensive obesity management of at least 6 months.

This if from the British Obesity Surgery Patient Assoc website.

Hi Ellie and :welcome: to WLS, Im from Manchester so no idea about Cambridge but wanted to say hi and if you need any more advice feel free to ask :D Good Luck for Wednesday! XX

Hi and welcome, hope all goes well for you x

Hi Ellie and welcome
I'm from Birmingham I know here we have to do a weight management course b4 the process for surgery is thought of which is normally for 6 months but may b different where ur from good luck which every road u take it b a step in the right direction we r here to support u xx

Thanks guys. Having looked at the criteria lists Suffolk PCT (which I'm as near to as Cambs) just say NICE guidelines. Does that mean if I move to a Suffolk GP I'd be more likely to get an op? I know no-one can say for definite but any thoughts mist welcome. :))

All PCT's have different criteria and some places are deffinately easier to get surgery in than others! Sad but true, the PCT lottery is alive and kicking! XX

Well appointment over. Need assessment for sleep apnea and have been started on orlistat. Any advice welcome, I'm terrified of the side effects.

Well appointment over. Need assessment for sleep apnea and have been started on orlistat. Any advice welcome, I'm terrified of the side effects.

hi i had xenican and will will have lots of wind and when you go to the toilet a bright orange greasy liquid will pass from you as this is the excess fat and if you dont want to experience those side effects then avoid all fats, good luck

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.

:welcome2:Good luck and a very warm welcome Ellie. Wishing you all the very best of everything on your wls journey. Sending love and hugs xxx

Back