• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wls: Walsall Manor

Sazul78

Hi guys, I've had my first appointment where I met Mr Mirza, Dr Hartland and the dietician.
The dietician gave me a target weight loss of 4kg. I've lost 7.2 and my BMI has now dropped below 35 as a result. Yes, I know thats good news but I'm so worried they won't consider me a viable candidate any more if I've almost doubled my target loss.
Next appointment is next Wednesday. I'm so desperate for this surgery so I can work towards better diabetes control!!!
Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Hi and welcome ..they go by the weight you was refered at at walsall. I asked my gp this as I was worried about going under the 35 ..I'm only just starting out on my journey so can't help with anything else as I've not had my first appointment yet .All I no is my first appointment is gonna be 4 hours long so I'm not far behind you I don't think anyway good luck with your journey x

Hi and welcome ..they go by the weight you was refered at at walsall. I asked my gp this as I was worried about going under the 35 ..I'm only just starting out on my journey so can't help with anything else as I've not had my first appointment yet .All I no is my first appointment is gonna be 4 hours long so I'm not far behind you I don't think anyway good luck with your journey x

I had the second appointment today and it went really well. In and out in 35 minutes, got weighed, saw Dr Hartland and he's agreed that the sleeve is best for me. I've got to see the psych on the 21st and then it's consent/pre-op and surgery date! #onestepcloser

I had the second appointment today and it went really well. In and out in 35 minutes, got weighed, saw Dr Hartland and he's agreed that the sleeve is best for me. I've got to see the psych on the 21st and then it's consent/pre-op and surgery date! #onestepcloser
That's brilliant. ..your 1 step closer now ..shouldn't be too long b4 you are on the looser bench ...well done .xx

hi sazul, what surgery are you having, iv been to see heartland today and he has also gave the go ahead for my surgery. I had my bloods done, and has told me to accept an appointment through post his week with mr kenderick to sign consent forms etc, and said the waiting list is up to 6 months.

Hi Emsie and Sazul. Welcome to the forums. Congrats on your surgery approval. I've gone through the whole process with the manor and am currently on the milk diet with my sleeve op booked in on Monday next week. I would say 6 months is about right. I saw Mirza finally after seeing Mr Kendrick and group just before xmas. I was told would have op around March but they cancelled loads of ops in March and had to rebook them in therefore it's been more like 6 months. Hope your journeys are quick and you have your dates soon Anita x

I was referred bk in March had first appointment April where I saw Dr heartland and dietician..had an appointment last week with Dr Kendrick psychologist he's passed me off ..so now just anethacist then should be ready to go..good luck on your journey xc

Back