• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nuttynicky

Hellooo,

Just want to say hi, I have started my jounery, went to see GP had my first get together at St Georges Hospital now waiting to see what happens next.
I was just wondering if anyone else is at St Georges, and how long it would be before I get next appointment?

Thank you
nuttynicky

hey nicky, welcome to the site :) cant help you im afraid, but just wanted to wish you good luck :) xxx

Thank you Caren xx

:welcome:

hi nicky,
congratulations on starting this wonderful journey my love. this is a fantastic site for receiving advice n support and i wish you every success darlin
jan xx

Welcome to the forum, Nicky :):) you will get as much support & advice as you need here :) Can't answer your question but I am sure someone will be along soon to help. Good luck, honey xxx :):)

Hi nicky
I had my op at St Georges, from the get together i waited a year, two appointments then came through. One for the dietician, one to meet the bariatric team/surgeon. You have to meet your pct's criteria, your doctor should be able to tell you what it is.
I got right up to meeting the surgeon and he said my pct wanted a bmi of 50 or over, he told me to go away and put on 6lbs and then i would qualify!!
All together it takes anything between 16-24 months, just depends how smoothly things go.
All 3 surgeons are excellent so your in good hands.
Kim

Welcome to the site Nicky! Everyone on here is so helpful and encouraging! Good luck on the start of your journey !
Sarah xx

good luck hunny x

Hi Nicky:)

I am at St Georges, you have a group meeting .. Then its about a year wait till you next get bariatric team appointment.. I have got a dieticians appointment in a couple of weeks, not sure how long i will have to wait after that :(

All the best

Nicky xx

Thank you all xx

Welcome Nicky this is a wonderful forum with lovely people :)

Hiya and welcome x

hi jane,
just seen your reply to nicky here and noticed that you are from hartlepool. i live in darlington and i also went to a seminar in december 2011 - perhaps you attended the darlington one too?? we may have even briefly chatted.
its nice to be in touch with someone else in a nearby location and thats why i contacted you - i hope you dont mind?
jan xx

Back