• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone here under St Georges Hospital?

Tatiana

Glad to hear you're managing some intake!

Phone call didn't go too well, have been told that my new date will be around mid to late December! Don't know why I'm suddenly so far down the list when they previously gave me a date so early before!

Ended up on the phone to the secretary this afternoon and she's booked me in to see Mr Irakulla next Thursday at Ashford so I can talk things throug with him and see if I really do have to wait for almost another 3 months!

Will let you know what happens then!

Tatiana

Slimmingnix

Hi Tasha,
Its me again. (I cant mail you directly as I dont have the required 50 posts.)
I now have the confirmation that my funding has been approved, via a phone call to the PCT. This is obviously great news, but she told me the paperwork will follow, with confirmation that I have been refered to St Georges. It appears that the waiting list is forever! Looking at your previous posts, it appears you were also refered to St Georges, but then had the procedure carried out elsewhere, much quicker.
Of course there is a little i can do until I get the paperwork, but do you have any advice based on your experience... i certainly dont think I can wait 2 years!
Thanks
SN

tasha82

Hi SN

All I did was call the PCT and said I didnt want to go to St Georges and that I wanted my referal changed and they did it for me. As long as your as nice as pie to them they are very helpfull. With all this 'choices' thing now you could choose pretty much any hospital in the country I think, as long as your PCT have granted funding its up to you where you get seen. So I would say give them another call and say you have been doing some reaserch and have decided that you dont want to be seen at St Georges you want to be refered to ..... hospital. If they do get a little funny just try and mention in the nicest way possible about 'choices' and it being YOUR choice where you go, but your GP hadnt explained this and didnt give you a choice, but that now you know & have had time to reasearch you would feel more comfortable being under a different hospital.

I hope this helps and you get it sorted.x

Slimmingnix

Thank you Tasha, your help is really appreciated.
BTW, how are you getting on? Your about 3 weeks post op now, arent you? I hope its all going well!

SNx