• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newie had op done in dolan park 21/08/08

e.green69

icon7.gif
newie just had band fitted at dolan park 21/08/08
:wave_cry: hi i had my op on the 21/08/08 and met moe while i was there very reassuring.

I checked in at 7am had all obs done,and had bad fitted at 1230pm

I came back to the ward at about 230pm:confused:

It was a confussing time as didnt have alot of tummy pain but DREADFULL pains in chest:eek: fought i was having heart attack:rolleyes:

This was from the wind trapped in my chest cavity. Didnt sleep allday or night just drank peppremint tea and sucked wind tablets.

As moe said you were told to get ready at 530am and i was leaving there at 630ish very rushed!!

I would recommend dolan park as it is a lovely place to stay and staff very nice.:jelous:

Its just 1day post op and apart from wind i am feeling ok....

Ate soup and yogurt yesterday and today just soup so far.

I cant beleive i have finally done it:eek:

could any1 tell me how to get the weight scale on my page thanks

Hi there, just wanted to say welcome to minis and the bander club!! Also welcome to the losing side, make sure you get plenty of rest in these early days, drink plenty and get some gripe water to ease the wind pain and you will be feeling fantastic in no time xx

hi emma

are you still suffering from the lovely trapped wind, i did hoover today very slowly and i have to say that did help a lot to get things moving.

have you had a peak at your scar yet and how many holes do you have i have got 4 holes sealed with glue and 2 larger cuts with stitches and gauze on them, cant wait to have a shower and let me know what you have eaten. moe

Hello Emma and Moe, well done for having your bands ! I just had my fill and posted on my original post. Anything u wanna know just post again and all us banders will try and answer as soon as possible :) Eating normal food is heaven and by about week 5-6 you'll be able to do that. don;t rush that tho !! Take your time !! Just had my fill as i say so will update over the next few days . Just rest now and let nature take its course . GRIPE WATER IS A SAVIOUR !!! Nothing else worked for Trapped wind oh and if u have one of those hottie things u put in the microwave there great for pain. Make as hot as u can bear and put it around your neck or chest...great painkiller. It will go in a few days but don't panic its perfectly normal. It will expel eventually. Here if u need me . If anyone wants my mobile number for advice just ask and i'll pass it on and can text quicker than answering on here cus i'm not always online etc . Speak soon xxx

hi moe
yes i am suffering but is getting better.
i have had a tin of soup + yogurt 2day whay about you?
I have same wounds as you
When can we shower/bath?
keep in touch

congats on the op all the best on your quest keep us all informed on ur progress
regards steve:D

thank you for your welcome...
how r u? how is it on normal food now? have you had your fill yet?

My fill is on Tuesday, and yep I am eating totally normally now (portions have crept up so am keeping my fingers crossed I have not stretched my pouch!!) I feel great though and have no regrets, just like Livvy has said any questions ask away and we will do all we can to help x

hi moe
yes i am suffering but is getting better.
i have had a tin of soup + yogurt 2day whay about you?
I have same wounds as you
When can we shower/bath?
keep in touch

I had my op on the monday afternoon, discharged home tuesday morning and managed a shower and hairwash on Wednesday (make sure your dressings are waterproof!!) Avoid a bath for a while - especially a hot one. When I had my first bath about a month after the op I had it on the hot side and my port scar started leaking - was all fine thank goodness, but there is a lesson to be learnt about not taking a hot bath too early!!

no not yet see the consultant on 2nd sept, a prof kumar in coventry cant wait lol
steve

congrats on getting your band done!!

The pain soon goes....best thing for me was to walk lots

Amanda

hi amanda
thanks 4the support.. have you got restriction now? do you feel hungry/full after smaller meals?
where did u get op done?

hi amanda
thanks 4the support.. have you got restriction now? do you feel hungry/full after smaller meals?
where did u get op done?

Hi Emma,

I do have a certain type of restriction.
I can't eat bread (tried saturday night and had to give it away!) but can eat a full plate of food. At the mo I still have reasonable willpower so I'm getting by on that alone! Mainly eating chicken/fish salads and I am losing weight.

Last night was tough...just wanted food! Ended up having a bowl of cereal with choc spread!

I've had 2 fills to a total of 5cc and got another in 2 weeks. I want to only be able to eat small amounts and crack this weightloss!!

I was banded in Prague and have my fills in London

Amanda

Back