• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Bypass conversion?

Hi all.
I have a question for UK people, if possible!
I had a gastric bypass in June 2011. Went from 23st/size 28 down to 11st/size 10 in just under 3yrs.
Now, 2 pregnancies later, bad asthma flares/steroids and multiple medications, hypermobility issues, depression and a fibromyalgia diagnosis and (admittedly) bad food choices and I have climbed back up to 19½st/size 22 and am pre-diabetic 😫💔😭
My doctor has referred me back to the Bariatric team but said she can't promise they will redo the bypass.
Has anyone in the UK had a bypass revision after weight gain?
I have recently managed to lose 4lb myself but it is so tough when I have zero energy and struggle to cook etc. My 6yr old is autistic and has a very limited diet so I tend to just pick at what he has or grab something quick and easy because I'm too exhausting to do much more!

Thanks in advance

Hi all.
I have a question for UK people, if possible!
I had a gastric bypass in June 2011. Went from 23st/size 28 down to 11st/size 10 in just under 3yrs.
Now, 2 pregnancies later, bad asthma flares/steroids and multiple medications, hypermobility issues, depression and a fibromyalgia diagnosis and (admittedly) bad food choices and I have climbed back up to 19½st/size 22 and am pre-diabetic 😫💔😭
My doctor has referred me back to the Bariatric team but said she can't promise they will redo the bypass.
Has anyone in the UK had a bypass revision after weight gain?
I have recently managed to lose 4lb myself but it is so tough when I have zero energy and struggle to cook etc. My 6yr old is autistic and has a very limited diet so I tend to just pick at what he has or grab something quick and easy because I'm too exhausting to do much more!

Thanks in advance
Wishing you luck and very much interested in any replies you get, I’ve put on 2 stone, want to get a stone off but so so scared your story could be me x

Hi @AngelEyezHoney the only revision I recall was adding a fobi ring to the bypass.

We've had a fair few members who have revised but usually that's been sleeve to bypass or band to sleeve or bypass.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the referral xx

Hi @AngelEyezHoney the only revision I recall was adding a fobi ring to the bypass.

We've had a fair few members who have revised but usually that's been sleeve to bypass or band to sleeve or bypass.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the referral xx
Thank you. After reading up I've read about a duodenal switch being done as a conversion surgery.
I've actually had an appointment through, for December, this morning. So not as far off as I thought it would be 🤞🤞

Thank you. After reading up I've read about a duodenal switch being done as a conversion surgery.
I've actually had an appointment through, for December, this morning. So not as far off as I thought it would be 🤞🤞
Good luck, keep us updated

Back