• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Valentine28

Hi all!

I originally had gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago. I went from 24 stone down to 13 stone (also helped by becoming a big addict to spin classes in the gym and dating a body builder at the time!).

Long story short...met a guy who loves food like I do and hates exercise, had an illness, steroids, had a child, had post natal depression, stopped going to gym etc and altogether with increasing bad eating habits its meant I’ve put most of my weight back on :(

Currently weigh 22 stone :(

Saw my original gastric bypass surgeon - Mr Shamsi El Hasani over a year ago to ask for a revision but I then got cold feet. now I’ve finally booked it for 1st April this year.

I did have an account here 7 years ago but no idea what email address I used

Anyway hello everyone!
Mr Shamsi gave me 3 options...either 1) get a band 2) have a jejunum bypass or 3) have a band and jejunum bypass.
I was going to go for option 3 (which is both band and other bypass) so this doesn’t happen again but he’s recommended to do just the bypass and if it fails I would still be left with the band as an option. I asked why it could fail and he said it’s worked for most of his revision patients but there are still a few who somehow it doesn’t work for. Kind of worries me :( can’t find much info about it online either except for a couple of medical journals.

Anyway sorry for the essay and if anyone has had a bypass revision please speak up!

Last edited:

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome back!

The forum isn't as active as it was, so you might not find a bypass revisioner to speak up.

Maybe the surgeon thinks that if you're complaint with the post op eating guidance, you'll succeed with what they suggest x

Hi all!

I originally had gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago. I went from 24 stone down to 13 stone (also helped by becoming a big addict to spin classes in the gym and dating a body builder at the time!).

Long story short...met a guy who loves food like I do and hates exercise, had an illness, steroids, had a child, had post natal depression, stopped going to gym etc and altogether with increasing bad eating habits its meant I’ve put most of my weight back on :(

Saw my original gastric bypass surgeon - Mr Shamsi El Hasani over a year ago to ask for a revision but I then got cold feet. now I’ve finally booked it for 1st April this year.

Anyway hello everyone!
Mr Shamsi gave me 3 options...either 1) get a band 2) have a jejunum bypass or 3) have a band and jejunum bypass.
I was going to go for option 3 (which is both band and other bypass) so this doesn’t happen again but he’s recommended to do just the bypass and if it fails I would still be left with the band as an option. I asked why it could fail and he said it’s worked for most of his revision patients but there are still a few who somehow it doesn’t work for. Kind of worries me :( can’t find much info about it online either except for a couple of medical journals.

Anyway sorry for the essay and if anyone has had a bypass revision please speak up!
Hi all!

Anyway hello everyone!

Hi did you have the revision surgery if so how did it go x