• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no excess skin?

rachaelh

we hear a lot about people who are having tt's and other ops to sort out all the loose skin and others who would love to have it done! but i'm wondering if anyone out there was happy/surprised/both that they didn't have a problem with excess skin and if they actively did anything to help counteract it... i'm living in hope as i know i'm going to have problems wih upper arms and legs in particular!

we hear a lot about people who are having tt's and other ops to sort out all the loose skin and others who would love to have it done! but i'm wondering if anyone out there was happy/surprised/both that they didn't have a problem with excess skin and if they actively did anything to help counteract it... i'm living in hope as i know i'm going to have problems wih upper arms and legs in particular!
I too would like to know this one! i'm the same and living in hope! x

I already have a plan of what am going to do with my skin. I'm going to massages it with lotion and oils twice a day using different techniques. Also certain exercise helps tone the muscles back up.

I don't think I'll have a major problem with it as I have tough elastic skin. X

If anyone wants to join me in yoga or pilates feel free lol. Very good for the toning on the tummy. There's a good massage for boobs and also legs to. Arms am going to massage and jiggle about. I had a Saturday job at a hair Salon when I was young and she use to make me hold the dryer and follow the brush lazy or what but my right arm was well toned lol granted didn't match my left but it was solid.

X

You can only tone and tighten the muscle, not the skin unfortunately. It's more down to luck and genetics than anything else. Also if you're younger it will be more elastic so will spring back. I'm expecting my 46 yr old skin to look like the christmas turkey's neck!! Oh well, I can hide it under clothes, could never hide over 21 stone under them!.

All I've mentioned above to keep the muscles toned and when u lose weight fast , u also lose the muscle so it makes the excess skin look worse. Also by using certain lotions and drinking plenty of water your able to help your skin became more elastic. Generally what ever you have left after 2 years post WL is what u will never be able to get rid of unless you have surgery.

X

amy_m said:
All I've mentioned above to keep the muscles toned and when u lose weight fast , u also lose the muscle so it makes the excess skin look worse. Also by using certain lotions and drinking plenty of water your able to help your skin became more elastic. Generally what ever you have left after 2 years post WL is what u will never be able to get rid of unless you have surgery.

X

Have you heard anyone recommend a good lotion / cream to aid elasticity?

When I lost loads of weight down to a size 12 I only had a small apron left that almost covered my pubes and tucked nicely into a pair of sexy big knickers. I'm apple shape and have never had a problem with big arms, legs or hips in fact they are quite small luckily.

Have you heard anyone recommend a good lotion / cream to aid elasticity?

Water is a crucial component of maintaining skin elasticity. From both food and drink, you should be taking in at least two liters of water each day.

Two necessary ingredients that keep skin plump and elastic are collagen and elastin. Protein-rich foods such as cottage cheese, milk, legumes, tofu, beans, seeds, nuts, and fish all contain collagen and elastin forming components, as well as oils to help maintain healthy skin.For optimum absorption, squeeze 100-200 calories of these protein sources in immediately after your workout.*

Daily exfoliation can help to remove dead skin cells and increase skin circulation. A hot bath with sea salts and minerals can improve skin tone. Skin tightening creams with herbal formulas and ingredients such as aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, yeast extract, soy protein, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A can help to hydrate and increase collagen and elastin formation in skin.*Stay away from harsh detergents, such a sulfates in soaps, shampoos and dishwashing liquids, limit your sun exposure and stay away from tanning booths, and limit your exposure to hot and chlorinated water—all of these things will decrease skin elasticity.*

Hope this helps let me know if you would like me to list some brands for you.

X

Hi Amy ... anything that helps would be gratefully received ... by me ... and I am sure by many others!! :) xx

I think my tummy and back boobage region is going to be a problem. I exercise, but the skin itself is loose. My year old was 11lb 14oz also and I had nearly double the amount of water in my stomach, so my stomach got stretched sooo much and I even have to hernias. So I do not hold out my hope for my tummy at all :S

I think my tummy and back boobage region is going to be a problem. I exercise, but the skin itself is loose. My year old was 11lb 14oz also and I had nearly double the amount of water in my stomach, so my stomach got stretched sooo much and I even have to hernias. So I do not hold out my hope for my tummy at all :S
11-14? omg!!! its a wonder you can still walk!! lol

I meant 3 year old :S But yes, and 60cm long, loads of amniotic fluid and SPD where the pubic bone separates. That was from 24 weeks onwards. Ended up on crutches in the end...And I have to have physio on unmentionable parts afterwards lol

I was surprised I could walk actually lol

I meant 3 year old :S But yes, and 60cm long, loads of amniotic fluid and SPD where the pubic bone separates. That was from 24 weeks onwards. Ended up on crutches in the end...And I have to have physio on unmentionable parts afterwards lol

I was surprised I could walk actually lol
blimey, u having anymore kids?

I have an older son who is 9. I had SPD in that pregnancy too, but it was from about 36 weeks. He was only 8lb 1oz. So totally different. The most chance is this tired old body has retired from reproduction lol

lol!!!! Good thinking!

hi, i have lost nearly nine stone in just over 6 months and i must say that for the first 7stone i was fine but i have now started to notice that the tops of my legs, my tummy and my boobs are starting to look the worst for wear :(
but i would still do it all again in a heartbeat i have gone form a size 28 to a 16 and i canty believe how good it feels :) :) :)
good luck to any one beginning their journey xxx

OMG Fuffs, I thought mine were big babies, the first and biggest being 10lb 8 and a half, and the second being induced 3 weeks early because they said he'd be over 11lb!!! Did you have gestational diabetes? That causes big babies.

Hi,

Was amazed when I halved my body weight in 6 mouths BBC - Nottingham man loses 16 stone in just six months (sorry any excuses to post this...) that I had no issue with excess skin :)

Not sure why it was but can say I did LOADS of exercise, Drank LOTS of water and spent ages in Sauna/ Jacuzzi/ swimming pool (lucky enough to have full faculties in the building where I live :D)

Maybe I am just lucky and have good Genes?

Back