• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excess skin photos

Fat Again

Hi guys
Some of you may have read on other posts that I previously lost 19 stone in weight, I then had a baby and put alot back on.

When I lost the weight previously I had massive amounts of excess skin (2 stone at least) and now as the weight is coming off me again that excess skin is starting to reappear.

I did have a upper arm lift in 2007 and have regretted it ever since as I was left with very swollen and painful arms, and to this day still totally numb along the scars.

I was going to have breast reconstruction and a tummy tuck and an upper thigh lift, but decided not to after the unsuccessful arm lift and the need to be become a mum.

This time round I intend to live with the excess skin, but I keep looking at my photos and dreading the day when I look the same again.

Im going to attach my before and after arm lift photos, because I know excess skin is a big issue for some of us, and some of you out there might be interested. The after photo is a week after the op.

I do have a very disturbing one of my top half, it does show my very deflated breasts from a side angle, I feel like I want to post it to show people that even though some of us lose the weight, we still have serious body issues to deal with. If it's going offend some, I won't post, let me know your feelings.

I don't want to put anybody off having their surgery by showing these photos, at my biggest I was 30st so there was alot of weight to lose, and I lost the weight through a VLCD, not surgery. It come off much too fast and ate away at the muscle cos I wasn't eating food.

This time round Im losing it alot slower and feel much more healthier. Im able to exercise too as before I was much too weak.

Attachments

• S1030239.jpg
    S1030239.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 8,990
  • S1030253.jpg
    S1030253.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 1,105
Ouch your arm looks sore and as you say oh so swollen, my bariatric nurse has had the upper arm lift and tummy tuck done! My arms are quite bad with loose skin as are my thighs and my boobs are def going south of the border instead of north where they should be!! I don't know what to do with regards to plastic surgery its too early yet anyway but it is a dilema. I would have no prob in seeing your pics but i don't know what the rules are as such i'm sure someone will come along and help you out xx

I'd be interested to see how they look now ?

To be honest, my boobs have totally deflated. I call them my spaniel ears. But in a good bra they still look pretty ok. My arms will be bad, I can tell that already and this will be the same as my inner thighs. I have a fat apron, and I know this is going to be horrid too.

I will address these issues when I get there but for now will try to live with them. I knew this would happen when I got the surgery as I asked about it with surgeon.

I see it as as a small price to pay for a healthier life and a longer life...:(:D

Thank you for posting these pics. Its important that people understand just how the loose skin can look after significant weight loss. Can I ask what the scars are like on your arms now, as I would dearly love to have mine done, but I wonder if the scars could be as unsightly as the skin.

As for your other photo's, I too would love to see them. Just a suggestion though, post them in the private zone as these cannot be googled and only registered members can then view them. For even more privacy you could put them in the bronze diary section, but that would exclude newer members from viewing them and many pre op peeps would, I'm sure, benefit from viewing them.

My weight has been coming off pretty slowly and upto present my arms dont look that bad realy my tummy is quite baggy but nothing a good swimsuit or body shaper cant put back to normality. But on the whole Ime realy pleased with the outcome so far. Gail x

I'd welcome seeing the photos too. It's the honesty and openness of folks on here that is helping me prepare myself for the journey to come. Sam's suggestion is sensible.

Rose

I'd be interested to see the pics as my starting weight was pretty much the same as yours almost 30 stone.
Anne x

Thanks for posting hun. It's a subject we are all interested in I think as none of us truly know what to expect until we have lost the desired amount of weight. For me the arms are a particular problem so I would love to know more about the op and how you have felt about the results. (I personally think it looks great, slightly swollen but great)
A private zone post would be good, thanks again xx

Thanks for posting hun. It's a subject we are all interested in I think as none of us truly know what to expect until we have lost the desired amount of weight. For me the arms are a particular problem so I would love to know more about the op and how you have felt about the results. (I personally think it looks great, slightly swollen but great)
A private zone post would be good, thanks again xx

The arm op was very painful, I was in hospital for 2 nights.

It was done by the NHS, I won an appeal to get all my excess skin removed and was under an excellent surgeon in Chelmsford, however he was not the actual surgeon that performed my op.

The results at first seemed to be ok, but as time went on they stayed very swollen, very painful and numb.

I now describe my arms as popeye arms, the arms are very mishapen. The weight gain has not helped, I think they look like little fat baby arms, i'll post a photo of them now for you.

Remember everybodys case is different, I was just unlucky.

where is the private zone lol

Just scroll down on the main page that lists all the forums... its about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Thanks for posting the pics. I am very interested as I have loads of excess skin everywhere. I was just over 26 1/2 stone and so far lost just over 11 1/2 stone.I would love surgery to sort it out

Thanks again

Jo
xx

Back