• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excess skin?

Sarah Metcalf

Hi, I've been thinking about post op excess skin for banders, and was wondering if any post oppers have any tips for minimising it? I've been told to take plenty of exercise, but do you recommend any particular type (I currently swim, use the exercise bike and have ordered an exercise dvd)?

Also could I ask a personal question, how much excess skin do you have and where is it? I'm 37, my boobs went south several years ago and expect my apron is here to stay as I had a c-section, my upper arms are covered in 'gooseflesh' (is gooseflesh curable?) so bingo wings aren't a problem as I don't expose them. Rereading this I think I need to start saving for plastic surgery now lol!

Thank you, forewarned is fore-armed xx

i had a tummy tuck after banding they removed 7lbs in skin from there, it all depends on how long the skin has been stretched as it loses its elasticity and only surgery could help me, swimming and toning tables ect will only help to a certain extent, i wil have to save to get my arms and boobs done x

Hi Sarah

Swimming is an excellent from of exercise just as long as you work hard but with water to support you, no need to worry about pressure on your joints.

I had the goose flesh too but its no there anymore thanks to a bit of body brushing once a week.

I have a slight apron but nothing to worry about really.

My top tips would be to exercise regulalry and to keep your skin moisturised x

Thank you ladies, Liz I love your new avator photo, how're you finding the bypass?
Mazza, I'm going to start reading your diary tonight, I hadn't considered moisturising, it's a good habit to get into. I think I'll also give the body brushing a go, I assume you do it at home? xx

Its what the skin on the upper arms of 'some' larger ladies resembles, not restricted to larger ladies however but not attractive!

Hi, I've been thinking about post op excess skin for banders, and was wondering if any post oppers have any tips for minimising it? I've been told to take plenty of exercise, but do you recommend any particular type (I currently swim, use the exercise bike and have ordered an exercise dvd)?

Also could I ask a personal question, how much excess skin do you have and where is it? I'm 37, my boobs went south several years ago and expect my apron is here to stay as I had a c-section, my upper arms are covered in 'gooseflesh' (is gooseflesh curable?) so bingo wings aren't a problem as I don't expose them. Rereading this I think I need to start saving for plastic surgery now lol!

Thank you, forewarned is fore-armed xx

Could have written most of that myself, lol. Same age, same saggy bits, just instead of the c-section i've had three kids (same outcome). I've had the same questions so it a useful thread for me :)

Great thread, I'm so big i know im going to have lots of loose skin and im nearly 95% sure that it will not go back :(

I'm using Palmers coco butter lotion for after weight loss to moisturise and have just invested in some bio oil too.
I've lost 4 stones 6 pounds in 5 months (post bypass, but it doesn't really matter what the tool is, does it?) and so far my skin looks fine, no saggy bits apart from my arms, which I think will improve with some swimming. My tum is shrinking beautifully. :)
Even my thighs, which to begin with looked awful, are now shrinking.

Back