• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens now

Hi I had my first appointment yesterday since dr hartland at Walsall manor put me forward for surgery I seen the pre op dietician who gave me a target to loose but what happens now does can anyone tell me the process in which things are done and who else I have to see
I have been given a appointment in June to see the pycologist and then another one in July to see the weight management team but so much info yesterday didn't take it all in any help would be appreciated thanks

Hi Donna,
Im not at your hospital, and I believe each hospital trust do things so differently, so unfortunatly I cant advise you, I started my journey in sept last year and should have surgery in june/july but ive been told my trust is one of the quickest. Good luck with your journey, try to look at one appointment at a time xx

Hi Donna,
Im not at your hospital, and I believe each hospital trust do things so differently, so unfortunatly I cant advise you, I started my journey in sept last year and should have surgery in june/july but ive been told my trust is one of the quickest. Good luck with your journey, try to look at one appointment at a time xx
Thanks for the reply and yes good advice I will do that one appointment at a time good luck with your journey x

Hi Donna,

I am at Walsall Manor too I only started my journey in January

You look 'familiar' thou' were you at Walsall Manor on the 3rd of May?

If it was you, you were there with a younger lady with long hair

I was sat opposite with a red haired lady and her husband

You were there before me and my appointment was at 9.30am

As you know we all have different journeys and time scales..

My journey so far has been quite quick (I feel) :

13/1/17 First appointment I saw Anna (nurse) and Dr Mirza (surgeon)

I saw Dr Mirza and Anna at my first appointment I was weighed and my height was recorded, my BMI was just over 40. Anna talked through my medical history and demonstrated the different types of surgery on little models. I left that appointment with leaflets explaining the types of surgery on offer and I was told to look on wl forums for further information and to do my research. Anna said at every appointment attended to have lost at least 1lb! Weight was 113kg / 17 stone 11lb

28/4/17 Second appointment I saw Mr Kendrick (psychologist)

At my second appointment with Mr Kendrick I wasn't given a target for weight loss by him. He said I kind of put a "spanner in the works" because of a medical condition I suffer with which causes chronic swelling which cause your weight to fluctuate.. I found him very easy to talk to. At the end of my appointment he said he thought I would do well having the surgery as my head was in the right place and my expectations were realistic. Weight was 111kg / 17 stone 6lb

3/5/17 Third appointment I saw Georgia Windrass (dietician) and Mr Hartland

I saw Georgia Windrass who is the dietician and was given a healthy eating leaflet and then saw Mr Hartland. The emphasis for me from them was to keep on maintaining the weight that I am at now. Mr Hartland agreed that RNY was best for me, then sent me to have bloods done. I was told to wait for a letter to be sent out inviting me to attend a two hour 'group session' held in another part of Walsall Manor, and that once that was done I would be given a surgery date. Weight was 109kg / 17 stone 2lb

Today I have been weighed at another clinic I attend for something else, because I have been quite unwell the antibiotics taken have unfortunately caused me to loose weight and when the nurse weighed me today I am now 104.6 kg / 16 stone 4lb

29/6/17 is my next appointment at Walsall Manor to see Mr Mirza

At that appointment I will be signing consent forms :wee:

As far as I am aware, I just need to do a two hour group meeting session at Walsall Manor and the final pre op meeting before surgery! Fingers crossed I get my date on the 29th of June (or at least a rough estimate) The last two Doctors I saw in clinic said it wouldn't be long.. I am expecting it to be before 2017 ends but just taking everything one day at a time now.. When I do get a date for surgery I think it will become 'more real' and then I will start to wobble ha ha.. :woohoo:

What date do you have to go for your next appointment in June at Donna? Hopefully at your next appointment you will know more too :hugs:

Hi yes that was me with my daughter there on that day I have got a appt for 29th June for phycologist and then a month later for weight management clinic you have had appointments quite quick haven't u when I saw Georgia the dietician that day she told me all the group sessions were full till August so don't expect a appt for there till after then I was shown all the models on the day as well and think probably going to be a gastric bypass I go for good luck with your journey and hope we both get good news that date x

Back