• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No Weight Loss

fudgebunny

Hello all

I've not had any WL now for almost 3 weeks??

Wondering if this normal? I find can eat quite a bit more at mealtimes now but still only half a low fat ready meal etc with bit of mash and mushy vegs?? Also drink more liquids than before?

Is this normal prior to 1st fill?

Have check up with my Consultant Surgeon on Thurs then dietician few days later. Bearing in mindf am only eating morsels compared to beg of Jan thought weight come off easier??

Thanks as always. :eek:

Lianne

I go through faces without loosing then I get a fill then it moves down again... hth

Thanks it is getting really frustrating now not even gone down a size in clothes yet so still having to wear my old fat wardrobe which is now too big for me but next size down still way too small :-(

I have been through it believe me. But you ll get there. Roll your next fill.

Hello there

Dont worry this is quite normal until you start having fills and get some restriction. Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

Yep, I agree, totally normal. Frustrating isn't it! But be patient. It didn't go on in a month and it won't come off in a month either. Keep reading the posts on here and you'll get there!! xx

Oh hun as you know i haven't been a bander for long but I've been on every diet known to man and i can tell you its just one of the perils of weight loss!
Even on Lipotrim which is extreme, only three shakes day, there were weeks that despite sticking to it 100% there would be little or no loss to show for it.
It's very important to mix up what you're eating, if you tend to eat the same sort of meals every day mouse body can get bored lets say and you'll stall. In weight watchers it was always encouraged to mix things up a little to prevent this from happening. Exercise aswell is important to fight the flab.
You're doing great misses, keep motivated and keep posting.x

Hi all. Thank you all sooo very much for your responses I am so very grateful :)

I am trying to vary my diet as much as possible. Off to aquaerobics tomorrow and do a few lengths as well.

Keep at it I keep telling myself at least its going the right way albeit slowly :p

Love you all

Xx

Oh I was hoping to start aqua aerobics this week too but Im in late in work this week so will have to start next week :(
I totally understand you're frustrations, to be honest i don't really feel like i have a band. I haven't half as much hunger as before which is great but i can still eat fair amounts. Can't wait for my first fill!
You're doing great just keep your eye on the prize!x x

Didn't manage to get to aquaaerobics but will go swimming tomorrow.

Really concerned now as tonight for tea I managed to eat a whole piece of fish and a smallish jacket potato?? Chewed each mouthful 20 times but surely that not normal?? Xx

I would think its very normal actually. I've got really brilliant restriction at the moment and I can eat anything if I take my time and my dietician says its more about you choosing smaller portions and being satisfied for longer rather than seeing how much you can get through it! My band just slows me down and it enables me to be satisfied eating less.
have you seen this?....Lap-band weight loss surgery is not about restriction
Its explains a lot :)

Yes me too. Am really concerned my band has slipped because can eat so much including bread now??

When full it feels stuck, I burp alot and my stomach makes like a high pitched popping noise??!! X

When i was on my liquid stage and definitely not eating too much, or much at all, my dad was over visiting and while sitting there chatting my stomach made a crazy popping sound that i felt and heard! Forgot about that until you mentioned it!
To be honest at the moment i seem to be able to eat the same amount as before, Im only on mushies tho so not tried anything too much but defo not happy with the amount i can eat! Going to book my first fill tomorrow and count every calorie that enters my mouth!x x

fudgebunny said:
Yes me too. Am really concerned my band has slipped because can eat so much including bread now??

When full it feels stuck, I burp alot and my stomach makes like a high pitched popping noise??!! X

Hi there,

I had the same kind of thing and my dietician said I was not taking small enough bite sizes. I had a 0.25 ml fill Friday and have been taking tiny bites and it seems to work. I was constantly getting food stuck and had that weird gurgling. When I think back my bite sizes were virtually normal. As a guide a grape should be eaten in 4 bites according to my dietician. Just try it for a day and see how you get on.

Sharon x

I'm definately concerned that my poor band has slipped :-(

Back to portion control tomorrow and mushy food. Have appt on Thurs with my surgeon so will tell all to him see what he has to say. I so want to be a success story and get into next size down in next week or so xxxx

Hi Sharon. My bite size is definately too large then like you did they are back to "normal" again!! How did I let that happen??!

Control, control, control!!! Xxx

Fudge i was actually talking to a woman from my ward who got the band done same day as me today and she was really worried her band had slipped and said the nurse told her she would be getting sick if it had slipped so it doesn't sound like yours has. I think you just need a fill x

No not sick at all just has to be portion control and back to smaller portions and smaller mouthfuls slowly chewing!! Victim of my own demise otherwise :-(

Lianne xx

Back