• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no weight loss

misselvis

hi everyone

its been 5 weeks since my band op
i weigh myself each sunday,
have kept to the eating rules
had no sweets, cakes biscuits etc and this week
HAVNT LOST A BEAN
i am fuming has i know i have kept to the eating plan
i have 1st fill tuesday 20th nov and i am expecting the nurse to say
i have been cheating which i know i havnt
as oneone else had the same problem
would love to hear from you

kay xxx

Hi,
Did you lose lots on your pre-op diet? I found I lost lots on that and in the 1st few days after my op but have not lost much since then (3 lbs). Hardly eating anything like what i used to. However I do know that if you've lost a lot in a short time your body goes into starvation mode and keeps anything it can - you have to replace your glygogen levels (liver) from somewhere. It will happen - some of us just have to be more patient than others. Keep believing xxx

Hello there

Most people do not start to lose weight until they have had a fill and have some restriction this is quite normal x

I know exactly how you feel. You are surrounded by people who have lost loads like a magic wand and you are doing everything and getting nowhere fast! mmmmm my weight stood still for 3 weeks sssssssssssooooooooooooooooo frustrating. All I can say is we have to be healthier than we were as we are not eating rubbish, maybe increase activity level to help it along and keep going. I want to lose half a stone a week and eat everything I want but thats not going to happen and I have to come to terms with this.

At the end of the day we must lose weight eventually keep going!!

When I had my band, I lost loads of weight on the pre-op diet but nothing between surgery and my 1st fill. The nurses told me it happens and not to worry. The more you stress about it, the more likely you are to reach for the wrong food. Stay positive and don't worry. Wait until your first fill, you should notice a difference then and it will drop off you.
When is your first fill due? xxx

thank you for your lovely replies
i had lost 2st in a year as i was under hospital in b,ham
i had to attend weight management before i could get funding
after doing all that i was refused funding so had to go private
thanks NHS
in pre op i lost 7lb
after op i got tummy bug and lost 12lb in 2 wks
in the five weeks since band i have lost 1st 2lb in total
but nothing in past week
will let you all know after 1st fill

kay xxxx

The tummy bug is also likely to have taken its toll on your body. Also, you say you havent had biscuits and sweets etc but what are you eating and in what quantities, are you reaching a certain level of calories too ~ eat too little and you may find that you don't lose, and it can take a while to find that level. My provider for example says 1000 cals, but I wasn't losing on that, Ive actually found recently that my optimum for weight loss is 1100 but that is doing a high level of exercise, I eat minimum 70g protein a day (sometimes 100+) but limit the carbs that I eat as personally I know that it slows down my weight loss. I try as an absolute max to have max 70g carbs in a day.

Do you keep a food diary? This can be a really good thing to do, to see what you're eating and to check the protein levels by increasing them and limiting the carbs it will often kick start a loss. It also helps to keep this record so when you do go along for your fill you can show them what you're eating, how and when and in what quantities so they can help you maybe tweak somethings to kick start the loss.

But what you're experiencing is common, but while its hard, try not to compare to others, everyone loses different, everyone is following different guidelines, its a focus on you that is important :) but its common and often the weight loss itself often doesn't get started until you begin those fills and finding the right place for you, mix that with the tummy bug and what you've lost so far you're still on track even having a static week.
Also just to add overall you've lost 1 stone 2lb, so 16lbs in 5 weeks. Average is 1-2lb a week so you're still over that

Also remember time of the month can also play a part, but hopefully moving forward, you'll be able to start moving to the crunchier and drier foods, but hopefully those fills will kick start things too :)

I know exactly how you feel. You are surrounded by people who have lost loads like a magic wand and you are doing everything and getting nowhere fast! mmmmm my weight stood still for 3 weeks sssssssssssooooooooooooooooo frustrating. All I can say is we have to be healthier than we were as we are not eating rubbish, maybe increase activity level to help it along and keep going. I want to lose half a stone a week and eat everything I want but thats not going to happen and I have to come to terms with this.

At the end of the day we must lose weight eventually keep going!!

I got you beat... 8 weeks not a bean lost! Not an ounce! :) I have to smile what is the alternative? :cry:Nah, no use crying over spilt milk! I cannot rewind time and have my £5,000 back or a stomach free of keloid scars so I will just keep, keeping on and keep getting fills...

I am the same as you Bella in that Im not loosing weight. However i know the reason for that~ im struggling to stick to the guidelines i was given. Can you honestly say you have given it 100%? If so then that sucks but if you are like me then your head is getting in the way of what the band is trying to do.

i dont want my money back Im bloody determined to make this work for me so im experimenting with stuff to see if i can get the head hunger sorted. For us to live happy slim healthy lives we simply have to stick to a certain amount of rules and make them habits, nothing is going to do that for us.

xxx:break_diet:

The tummy bug is also likely to have taken its toll on your body. Also, you say you havent had biscuits and sweets etc but what are you eating and in what quantities, are you reaching a certain level of calories too ~ eat too little and you may find that you don't lose, and it can take a while to find that level. My provider for example says 1000 cals, but I wasn't losing on that, Ive actually found recently that my optimum for weight loss is 1100 but that is doing a high level of exercise, I eat minimum 70g protein a day (sometimes 100+) but limit the carbs that I eat as personally I know that it slows down my weight loss. I try as an absolute max to have max 70g carbs in a day.

Do you keep a food diary? This can be a really good thing to do, to see what you're eating and to check the protein levels by increasing them and limiting the carbs it will often kick start a loss. It also helps to keep this record so when you do go along for your fill you can show them what you're eating, how and when and in what quantities so they can help you maybe tweak somethings to kick start the loss.

But what you're experiencing is common, but while its hard, try not to compare to others, everyone loses different, everyone is following different guidelines, its a focus on you that is important :) but its common and often the weight loss itself often doesn't get started until you begin those fills and finding the right place for you, mix that with the tummy bug and what you've lost so far you're still on track even having a static week.
Also just to add overall you've lost 1 stone 2lb, so 16lbs in 5 weeks. Average is 1-2lb a week so you're still over that

Also remember time of the month can also play a part, but hopefully moving forward, you'll be able to start moving to the crunchier and drier foods, but hopefully those fills will kick start things too :)

hi
thanks for reply

got fill tomorrow tuesday
time of the month ended years ago

kay xxx

When I had my band, I lost loads of weight on the pre-op diet but nothing between surgery and my 1st fill. The nurses told me it happens and not to worry. The more you stress about it, the more likely you are to reach for the wrong food. Stay positive and don't worry. Wait until your first fill, you should notice a difference then and it will drop off you.
When is your first fill due? xxx

thank you
will see how 1st fill goes

kay xx

The important thing is not to panic. It cqan take some time to work through as your body adjusts.

I would suggest eating five or so meals a day, but each meal be only one piece of chicken (sort of 2cm by 2cm), perhaps some sweetcorn, cucumber or tomato. Something you could fit on a dessert spoon. Avoid potatoes, rice and bread like the plague.

Remind your body that food is there and that more is coming soon. If it gets used to that eventually it will come out of 'panic mode' and you will start to lose - just little and often. I spent a Christmas being ill whenever I ate. It was difficult getting my family used to the problem but I lost six stone over that time.

Be patient. In my first year I gained as well because I didn't get it filled. Stick with it, eventually it'll lessen and you'll find everything changes.

Back