• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dissappointing weight lose

misselvis

i had gastic band 4th october 12
the weight came off during first month since op i have lost
1st 4lb
having this op i was hoping the weight would off like i have read others on this forum having been losing up to stone a month
inspite of 2 fills i am still hungry after about hour after meal
i havnt had bread, cakes, meat only cottage pie since my o[p
so dont kow what i am doing wrong
anybody that the same thing happen to them would love to hear from you

thanks

kay xx

Hi Kay,

What sort of foods are you eating? And are you on mush or anything after a fill? If not, move over to crunchy and drier foods (away from cottage pies etc ~ which are "slider" foods and pass through the band more quickly and then you end up feeling hungry again)

I found with my own, that making a very conscious move to drier and crunchier foods that its made a huge difference on the way the hunger kicks in and stays away for longer.
I found things like green beans and peas keep me fuller for longer than carrots, swede or cauliflower (green veg all round does), that I find that meat wise, chicken keeps me fuller for longer than any of the others, but also helps me maintain a high protein count which I find personally also helps as it speeds up the metabolism.

Lunches, I now focus on ryvitas, tuna or another source of protein, crunchy salad (no dressings), and stir frys etc . . .lots of crunchy things, limited sauce or gravy can really help with the hunger.

I was really surprised how what types of foods can really affect the hunger levels . . .what sort of things are you eating in a day? And if your hunger levels are higher do you find that you've eaten more? Do you keep a food diary? (Come over and join us at Myfitnesspal ~ there's lots of us from here on there who use it as a tool along with the band, not only for cals, but also to get that protein etc it can really help)

And I know it is hard, but each person is different and while its hard not to compare, try not to, everyone has different amounts to lose, ways in which they will achieve it, and its almost impossible to compare. But also they say the loss is 1-2lb a week and if you lost 1stone 4lb in the first month . . .you're on target no?

Am here if you ever want to chat, vent or rant :)

Kat x

Back