• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help - i'm not losing weight

Hargs

Hi

I am 8 weeks post op on Monday. I have a problem and that is that I have stopped losing weight, I have stayed the same weight for three week and I'm approaching my fourth week at the same weight. I have lost 1 stone since surgery, I have 1 and 1/2 stone left to lose. I am worried that I may be eating too frequently throughout the day. Can you give me an idea of what you guys were eating at this stage and how frequently.
Thanks x

Hiya,

I wouldn't worry, I was exactly the same at your stage! Installed for a month, then things slowly started to move again! I'm now 22 weeks out and 7.5 stone down!! (5.5 since op) so don't panic! It's just your body getting used to everything. Have u tried using my fitness pal? That's a good way to monitor your calories xx

Hi

That makes me feel better hearing that!! Well done you, I bet you look like a different person.
I have just started to use my fitness pal and that has made me aware of my calories etc. i just hope to see a loss soon.

Hargs, although I am a bander, it is very common to "stall" especially around this sort of stage post op - if you browse through the boards, you'll see so many people going through it.

tracking food is a great way to show us what we are eating as long as we are honest in logging :)

If you're following your guidelines, don't worry, but also, if you are worried always contact your dietician and provider for their support and help :)

Thanks

I have had a band in the past and I remember te stalls but just put that down to my band not being restrictive enough? Think I just need to keep my eye on the calories. Thanks x x

Sometimes our bodies need a bit of a shake up, not just calorie wise - but maybe having heavy protein days with low carb days or if you're low carb to bang them in . . .the body gets used to "diet" or things we are following and the shock to the system can kick start those losses :)

I'm stalling again. Been 3 weeks now. Actually - I'm not technically stalling as my weight has gone up :cries:

Not a lot up - 2lb..... but I've not eaten enough for my weight to be going backwards imo.

Feeling miserable as well atm and on painkillers as I'm also really constipated and nothing is shifting it.

Think I need to seriously overhaul my fluid intake. I'm really bad and dont take enough fluids in

Some of us sleevers have posted a diary here: http://www.wlsurgery.com/gastric-sl...ily-sleeve-food-diaries-please-add-yours.html

Tracking calories is a great idea but tracking prots is even better. Keep your prots and your fluids up and you will start losing again.
Anyway, I believe that most of us sleevers have experienced a stall at the very beginning because the calories intake was so low to go into starving mode. Our bodies just needed to get used to eating so little.

Thanks Bally, that is really helpful. I am going to try more protein from tomorrow - doing food shop today. I just hope that sorts me out x

Definitely agree with everyone ! Your body thinks hang on and goes into "keep everything" mode - then it just starts letting it go again! I found I would loose a chunk of weight then nothing for weeks, then bang another chunk!! Keep up the good work xxx

what protien meals do you eat ive stalled for a month now had a fill two weeks ago but still not lost anything

Ive posted on one of your other threads but Good protein foods
~ chicken
~ turkey
~ eggs (but its suggested by my own provider no more than 2 per week)
~ tuna
~ prawns
~ white fish
~ ham
~ quark or low fat soft cheese

all of these are good protein sources, also low fat protein sources too :)

Ive posted on one of your other threads but Good protein foods
~ chicken
~ turkey
~ eggs (but its suggested by my own provider no more than 2 per week)
~ tuna
~ prawns
~ white fish
~ ham
~ quark or low fat soft cheese

all of these are good protein sources, also low fat protein sources too :)

Can I add 0% natural greek yogurt? It's a good low cal, low fat, source of prots.

Back