• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not realising how different

beepbeepcat

I am 5 weeks post operation Bypass and this past few days has been a wake up for me. First bit was I went round to see my mother in law and wore a top I love we sat in the kitchen and drank coffee I felt an itch from my top and pulled it away from my body realised it was the bust seam bit. My mother in law doesn't know I've had a bypass said "it looks like a blinking tent on you, you need to go clothes shopping after Xmas" when I got home I pulled the top out and yep it looked fairly big. I then looked on here and it's starting to sink in I've lost as of yesterday 74lb 5 stone 2 lb ish since I bought that top! Today I told my two close friends who know I've had the bypass how much I've lost and they were shocked, I've lost 33lb since 11th November. I am hoping the weight keeps moving off as I would like to be in my teens before April if possible. Is that possible to lose another 2 stone ish

Congratulations and of course anything is possible :)

I started a savings pot up in September and just been putting an odd few quid in if I have money left at the end of the month. I call it "Thin clothes fund" and the best thing is I get to smash it open the beginning of April as I've decided to smash it just before my birthday so I get spend loads of money. I haven't got a clue how much is in there or how much more is going to be going in......so exciting even if I can only shop in charity shops (which I love).

Well done the shops won't know what's about to hit them! And you now have more than the ' big girl" shop to shop in!

Los in it .....not quite out of the big girls shop yet I'm a big lass 24/26 Evans. I can't blinking wait, we only have Evans locally to shop in and I only discovered Yours clothing online a few months ago (which I love). Evans are soooo expensive I can't wait to go into a supermarket and get a basic top for a few quid rather than Evans basic top £16-£29.00! I had to think so carefully before getting things 1 basic top, 1 top for going out in, pair of jeans and pair of black trousers just under £100.00.

Beep, yes Butterfly is right - anything is possible. Your weight loss will stop when it is ready - that's my experience anyway. I had my bypass in July and stopped loosing end November when I'd gone from over 19 stone to just under 13 stone (size 14). Stuck there until Feb when it started again and three more stone came off in as many months (size 10). I did nothing to make that happen, it just did. I am sure you'll be the same hun.

And yes, I bought lots of stuff from charity shops as I went down the sizes. I found I didn't stay there long so investing is anything was a waste of money.

You are doing sooo well, and I am genuinely excited for you ... And you sound as if you are too which is brilliant xxxxx

I'm fascinated to know did anyone else have similar experiences when they were told things looked big on them.?

I'm fascinated to know did anyone else have similar experiences when they were told things looked big on them.?

How amazing you're doing. It's so nice when someone recognises the results of your efforts.

I love you're idea of putting a few quid away here and there.

I reckon you could easily reach your target for next year, not a problem at all :) x

So my pot I've got has had tenners, pound coins and the the odd fiver here and there. I don't earn too much money and most of it used to go on treats food wise so now I don't have treats its going in the pot. It could be upto £100 by April I truly don't know but I thought I might add any Xmas money I may get in there too. All I hope is that I can get into some nice trousers and and pretty top by then in smaller sizes.

Back