• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Old and New Friends!

kurvykaren

Hi all!

Well I've just looked and I haven't been on here for about 9 months! I didn't realise it had been so long!

I'ts been over 13 months since my bypass and everything was great at first but I seem to have lost my way a bit! I've started snacking and introduced too many bad things again and my weightloss has slowed down so much I've only lost about 2 stone in 6 months.

Actually typing this out has made me feel more ashamed and embarassed :(. I was lucky to get the gift of surgery and I don't want it wasted!

I've started exercising more and have recently taken up Zumba - which I'm loving. I also did the 5km Race for Life in June which is a big achievement as I couldn't walk to the top of the road without being breathless pre-surgery.

I had the holiday of a lifetime in June too - hubby and I went to Toronto for a week then onto Las Vegas for a week - something we never would have booked before we both had surgery - we wouldn't have got our bums in the seats! lol

I have lost over 9 stone all told and yes theres a big saggy belly which does depress me a bit but the pluses outweigh the negatives and I never expected to have a model figure (but it would have been nice though lol!)

Anyway - I wanted to get back on here and get in the right frame of mind and I know you'll help put me back on the straight and narrow. I still cook too much dinner and can often make a dinner last 2 nights, half a plate the first night then the rest saved for the next day!

I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Take care all! xx

Hi and welcome back, congrats on your weight loss uv done really well. What " bad things" have you reintroduced into your diet, I thought we couldn't after having bypass? I have mine soon xxx

HI Karen nice to hear from you I am almost 1 yr out now and I have also introduced some snacking bad things back in however I have managed to keep them vrey small but am working on trying to eradicate them again, we learn by our mistakes, we need to draw a line under it and move forward, we have admitted oyr failings and have to carry on, am pleased you have done so well I have lost 8 1/2 stone since last July and 91/2 since the very first app at hospital but mine too has slowed right down now, am trying real hard this week to keep on track and lose this week for definite. My sympathies with you i can understand where you are coming from, i started a thread here the other day about life 1 yr after bypass but not a great lot of response. They say our appetites will come back but no one has confirmed that yet, I don't really feel hungry but hqve heard thta you can eat more I try and stick to my little plate, I know when i go out for a meal when i have had enough and always bring half of it home. I hope i can keep it real and going forward good luck and keep in touch please. xx

I don't actually feel hungry, I've just gone back to old bad habits of picking at things in front of the TV. But at least the bad things are a lot smaller than they were.
I'm going to get more organised and plan my meals and shopping and not have the things in the house to tempt me!

;)You and I sound very similar, we do need to stay on track I havent gained yet and have no wish to. I have stayed the same several times now then it moves down again albe it very very slowly now, have always been active and even more so now trying to keep saggy bits toned up as much as possible. Good luck and am sure we will crack it we have to, this is our chance and we can't undo all the good work we have done. x;):wave_cry:

Back