• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not till the 12th June for 1st appointment

jj87

Hi everyone.

Dose this seem like a long wait for my 1st appointment??

feeling very frustrated

can that be done. who should I contact for this. also thank you for all your advice and guidance. can I ask what happens on the 1st appointment. I've been informed it's alday x

can that be done. who should I contact for this. also thank you for all your advice and guidance. can I ask what happens on the 1st appointment. I've been informed it's alday x
If it's homerton still then the first part is talking through with a dietician/psychologist to get a feel of what you're eating and what your habits are now and the second part is a group seminar to discuss and inform you of the three different procedures. If you call the homerton line and ask for podiatry there's an options thing there you can probably get through to someone. You're welcome it's what we are here for x

yeah still the homerton. After that appointment what is the next stage if all goes smoothly?. Defo going to ring that line. x

yeah still the homerton. After that appointment what is the next stage if all goes smoothly?. Defo going to ring that line. x
Uhm I think I then met with the surgeon for them determine if it was right for me then my case got sent to MDT meeting where it was declined as they wanted me to be reviewed by a psychologist. Then I had the appt with her and she approved me to go ahead. MDT accepted and a surgery date was scheduled. It really is dependent on each case though as they may feel you could benefit from tier 3 etc first won't know until you get there unfortunately x

Hi everyone.

Dose this seem like a long wait for my 1st appointment??

feeling very frustrated
Not particularly given the current state of the NHS! I went from seeing GP in January 15 to receiving appointment from hospital in May for July.

Asking to be considered for a cancellation, which may be short notice (if your lifestyle allows this) is a good idea. That worked for me with another issue where I had to wait six months and i got seen in 3 weeks.

Would suggest you spend the time researching the different types of surgery, taking part in some physical activity - maybe something gentle at the swimming pool if exercising is difficult , and attempting to lose some weight. All will go in your favour when you get there and may move you faster through the system. It is also important you think about why you are the weight you are, and what psychologically is causing it? The psychologist on your team is likely to have a big say in whether you will be accepted for surgery (mine was) and will want to know if you will be able to handle the emotional side of eating post-op as the surgery is only a tool.

yh it's all a lot you take in... and having someone evaluate you must be nerve wracking also. just got to be honest

Back