• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T Guilty Pleasures

Neen

WLS Moderator
What are your guilty pleasures? The things you enjoy but believe are probably not too good for you? Or just little fun daft things that cheer you up ?

I like a nice smattering of schmaltzy TV, like "The Biggest Loser", "Extreme Makeovers" and "How Clean is your house"...oh and "it's me or the dog"

Not particularly high brow stuff but I just really enjoy them :)
Also love watching cartoons with my kids
(specially Chowder and Spongebob)

Mad on studio Ghibli films as well and we have most of them , I love "Howls Moving Castle", "Spirited Away" and "Kiki's delivery service"!

Dash games,strategy games and RPGS as I mentioned in another thread.

Chocolate face packs

Caramel and pecan ice cream

Joan Jett ( yeah she was ma hero)

Duran Duran, yep I was a duranie and loved John Taylor...I was crushed when I heard he liked blondes though..my poor little heart

80's and early 90's hair metal \m/

Raspberry ruffles

Baileys!!!

Coconut and vanilla anything

hmmm...... dancing around the house to loud music and singing badly.

What about you lot???

I love Jeremy Kyle. Please don't tell anyone. It's my secret shame. Oh Yes and I also buy all of the trashy weekly mags. x

Hi Neen

I was a Duranie too and had a huge poster of John taylor above my bed! swoon - he was gawjus!!!

Jenni I wont tell anyone you like Jeremy Kyle if you dont tell them I do lol

John Taylor has now been replaced by Dave Grohl, that man is hot!

So If I could have him (not literaly, hes married but he could sing Everlong to me!), some phish food ice cream

Champagne and strawberries

Lush bath bombs and a peacefull bathroom full of candles, maybe a massage!

Followed by my favourite film of all time - its a wonderful life

That would pretty much be my perfect evening!

Maz x

Hi Neen
Good post . I like puzzle books , watching cartoons with my granddaughter when shes over we even watch saddle club and all horsey things . Games (BeJeweled , Chainz 2 , Wedding Dash , FreeCell , and Spider Solitaire ) All soaps . Movies : Enemy of the state , any good thriller . And Hitchcock movies . Comedy movies : Slapshot it is so funny.
Toffee any kind tut tut .
Crisps double tut tut .

Any old movie from the 40s esp.Bette Davis.Fashion was just fab then.Musicals any era from Fred Astair to Fame.Thorntons Brazil nut toffee(mmmmm yum)In fact anything with nuts in!Skin off roast chicken,crackling off roast pork,cream in my coffee,you can see why I need surgery!! Rugged,tough guys with that dirty look in their eyes...oh my god Im off for a lay down!

Hi Neen

I was a Duranie too and had a huge poster of John taylor above my bed! swoon - he was gawjus!!!

Jenni I wont tell anyone you like Jeremy Kyle if you dont tell them I do lol

John Taylor has now been replaced by Dave Grohl, that man is hot!

So If I could have him (not literaly, hes married but he could sing Everlong to me!), some phish food ice cream

Champagne and strawberries

Lush bath bombs and a peacefull bathroom full of candles, maybe a massage!

Followed by my favourite film of all time - its a wonderful life

That would pretty much be my perfect evening!

Maz x

Mmmmmm Dave Grohl:heartpump:

Hiya ! You have all jogged my memory about a few more of mine!
Jenni, my OH is especially addicted to Jeremy Kyle since he's been working from home, so weekdays we both sit there going "OMG NOOOOO" at the TV despite our better judgement!!

Mazza, you have good taste in eye candy I must say, and if the massages are being handed out I would officially like to request John Taylor, Marcus Schenkenburg, Beiron Andersson and Travis Fimmel to give my circulation a boost anytime.
Eye candy alert!!!
John
john7.gif

Marcus
marcusschenkenberg008imgrw3.jpg

marcripw.jpg

Beiron
beiron.jpg

Travis
ghmkjhkghnn7.png

LOL notice a theme or what haha

I love Lush too, did you buy anything when it was Cosmetics to Go? I liked the cocoloco shower gel :D And the Razzbamatazz ?? soap..that was so nice.

Heya Margaret!! omg I love Wedding Dash!!! have you played all of the series?? I love em, funny how little games like that can steal hours of your life away lol

Hey Bouncy! I love nuts as well , handily enough I am one ;) Oh yeah musicals are wonderful...my fave at the moment is Hairspray (with John Travolta, Michelle Phffeifer (cripes can't spell that)
BUT love Dirty Dancing, Grease etc and the old ones like Zeigfield Follies etc You get a really nice feelgood thing happening with those for sure.
x

Excellent thread!
My guilty pleasures include:
Coronation Street - after 23 years I finally succumbed to watching it about a month ago and I now love it!
Crisps - any flavour, anywhere!
A nice bath - not too hot but not too cold, not alot of bubbles, love a teeny square of lush bath bubbles
weekends with hubby to be - he works a shift rota so we get a weekend together every 6 weeks or so...not much of a guilty pleasure but still a pleasure
:D

twice a year i go to Whitby goth weekend, where everyone dresses up, victorian/pirates/anything goes!! i dress up in a victorian bustle dress and walk round the town all weekend like that. can't wait till i'm slimmer, then god knows what i'll be wearing.
i'm 54 and i'm a bit of an extovert."i may have spelt that wrong"

twice a year i go to Whitby goth weekend, where everyone dresses up, victorian/pirates/anything goes!! i dress up in a victorian bustle dress and walk round the town all weekend like that. can't wait till i'm slimmer, then god knows what i'll be wearing.
i'm 54 and i'm a bit of an extovert."i may have spelt that wrong"

Go Sue! :D

Another Jeremy Kyle fan here goodness knows what i'm going to do when i go back to work lol. Chocolate - will always love it despite a bypass( won't eat it). Most of the movies shown on true movies( with a box of tissues of course). Simon Cowell (well a girl can dream) i'm sure he would be good for me lol. x

Oh Sue black basque,a mask,fishnets and a whip! In the front and a dark green,boned Victorian velvet dress at the back.So when you turn round...God I always wanted to be a wardrobe mistress/dominatrix lol

oh sue black basque,a mask,fishnets and a whip! In the front and a dark green,boned victorian velvet dress at the back.so when you turn round...god i always wanted to be a wardrobe mistress/dominatrix lol

that sounds good, i like your thinking!!!!!!!!!!

The dressing up definately sounds like a blast! I bet you can't wait to kit yourself out when you've lost what you want to lose Sue!
How about this one?
32600.jpg

I love an excuse to dress up , next year at halloween I'm going to be catwoman lol (dreaming again!! haha)

I sort my choc cravings out with choc covered protein bars Allie, or choc chip snack a jacks as ya can't eat too many of those.

This weeks guilty pleasures for me??
Marathon viewings of Biggest Loser US and Australia, Caramel snack a jacks, playing Diner dash series and also new episodes of Extreme Makeover...woot!!!!!

Last edited:
the dressing up definately sounds like a blast! I bet you can't wait to kit yourself out when you've lost what you want to lose sue!
How about this one?
32600.jpg

i love an excuse to dress up , next year at halloween i'm going to be catwoman lol (dreaming again!! Haha)

thats the one neen, next april i'll be wearing something like that, i'v got the hat already. Can't wait.
When i lost my street cred i started to enjoy myself. Mostly i dress normaly, but every now and then i like to give the shock factor. It's great fun, and i don't care what people say as long as i go home giggling.

Back