• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

O/T (Kinda) Working out excess body weight etc.....

Meggie

Hey,
I was just trying to work out 5%, 10% of my excess body weight as I have seen that some consultants want you to lose that much before your op. Mine hasn't specified that, but my consultation with him was about 8 minutes long so wasn't really much time to say anything!!!

Am I right in thinking that the excess body weight is my current weight - weight at BMI 25?

i.e. my weight in pounds at the mo is 266
weight at BMI 25 149 (according to a website!!!)

Excess weight = 266-149 = 117

So 5% = 5.85
10% = 11.7

Is this right???

Thanks!!!

havent got a bloody clue ! lol glad i didnt have to work mine out id have been there all week x good luck meggie

Lol. I think it sounds right but dunno!!! When they say 5% is it of excess body weight or total weight???

Check with the doctors secretary,11lbs seems reasonable to me but perhaps 22lbs sounds better to a surgeon!!!

Hey,
I was just trying to work out 5%, 10% of my excess body weight as I have seen that some consultants want you to lose that much before your op. Mine hasn't specified that, but my consultation with him was about 8 minutes long so wasn't really much time to say anything!!!

Am I right in thinking that the excess body weight is my current weight - weight at BMI 25?

i.e. my weight in pounds at the mo is 266
weight at BMI 25 149 (according to a website!!!)

Excess weight = 266-149 = 117

So 5% = 5.85
10% = 11.7

Is this right???

Thanks!!!

That is what I make it if you are calculating your ideal weight.

You calculate 117 x 5%

Don't you love maths?

(((hugs)))

Last edited:
That is what I make it if you are calculating your ideal weight.

Don't you love maths?

(((hugs)))

Haha, yes. I'm a secret maths geek. Don't tell anyone though!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Back