• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oh My Golly Gosh - got my date

handbag-annie

Well I seen my surgeon at the start of July and he said he would probably operate at the start of September. Got a phone call from the hospital this afternoon asking if I would go in on Tuesday for my op on Wednesday!!

On one hand I'm glad of the short notice but on the other I am stunned that this time next week it will be all over!

I have been following Exante meal replacement diet since January of this year and lost nine stone but still got a lot to lose - so this is another chapter in my weight loss journey.

Five sleeps.........................:) x

Yay! Congrats!
Lots of luck, keep us up to date
Em xxxx

Hi Handbag-Annie,

Which op are you having? And where?

Can you add a few more details to your profile on the left hand side? If you go to "User CP" and then select "edit details" you can add your start weight and type of surgery.

You say you have lost 9 stone so far but have a long way to go, but without stats we have no idea what your ballpark starting figures are ....

9 stone down from 39 stone would be 30 stone before surgery ..... or
9 stone down from 26 stone would be 17 stone before surgery

etc etc ..... it's all relative and makes quite a bit of difference and is just interesting to read another person's starting points and ultimate goal.

Thanx,
No. 1 Female WLS nerd :)

What a great loss you've achieved so far! Go you! And good luck on tuesday! Kat x

well done hun,Ive done the exante diet it will probably stand you in good stead eating wise after the op.I wonder if you can follow that as part of you liquid stage,then you know your getting the protein you need.it would be interesting to find out,cos Ive still got packs left.Good luck with the op,

wow congrats on your weight loss. 9 stone that is incredable you have done so well. am wishing you all the best on your op.keep us posted on your progress.

woohoo well done..i also didnt have much notice when i got my op date but i think it was good this way as i didnt have time to dwell on iot much x

edge said:
well done hun,Ive done the exante diet it will probably stand you in good stead eating wise after the op.I wonder if you can follow that as part of you liquid stage,then you know your getting the protein you need.it would be interesting to find out,cos Ive still got packs left.Good luck with the op,

Thanks! Yup getting fantastic support from my dietician and i can use Exante post op - just as well as I have loads left just like you! :)

Sharonimo said:
Hi Handbag-Annie,

Which op are you having? And where?

Can you add a few more details to your profile on the left hand side? If you go to "User CP" and then select "edit details" you can add your start weight and type of surgery.

You say you have lost 9 stone so far but have a long way to go, but without stats we have no idea what your ballpark starting figures are ....

9 stone down from 39 stone would be 30 stone before surgery ..... or
9 stone down from 26 stone would be 17 stone before surgery

etc etc ..... it's all relative and makes quite a bit of difference and is just interesting to read another person's starting points and ultimate goal.

Thanx,
No. 1 Female WLS nerd :)

Hello no 1 Female WSL nerd - aka Sharon!

I cannot update my detail on the iPad but intend to do so as soon as I dig out the old laptop!

I started out in January at 32st 13lbs. Nine stone lighter now, I am hovering under 24 stone. I have struggled to lose much more and stick 100% to my meal replacement diet since I returned from holiday in August so great to finally get my op date!

Two more sleeps............:)

Hi Handbag Annie,good news about the exante packs,dont suppose the bars will be of much use tho,you have done really well to be on exante for so long you must be getting fed up of it by now,my op is not till 15th oct,got a holiday in lanzarote before then,so I will have to try keep my eating under control.once again good luck on wed with the op.

well done on the weight loss wow, n really hope the op goes well and your great wls success continues keep us posted, absolutely fabulous xx

edge said:
Hi Handbag Annie,good news about the exante packs,dont suppose the bars will be of much use tho,you have done really well to be on exante for so long you must be getting fed up of it by now,my op is not till 15th oct,got a holiday in lanzarote before then,so I will have to try keep my eating under control.once again good luck on wed with the op.

October - good for you not long to go.

How long have u been on Exante? Since January I have only been off Exante for to weeks in May and two in August for going abroad. I drank what I wanted but tried to stay off carbs and be careful. I put on about a stone and a half both times - but had taken it off again within a week. I know u will need to be careful but enjoy yourself as well.

Good luck!

T

PS.... If u are still eating the Exante bars you are braver than me! Went off them couple of months ago and canny mouth them!! X

Hi hun,been on xante for 2 months needed a quick fix for my assessment,lost 1stone 10lbs,that meant I weighed in under 40 bmi,as Im paying for my bypass it meant it was £1000 cheaper than if i was over 40bmi,so it was worth it to save myself some money.Im following a mainly protein diet now,well untill I go on holiday then when I get back its only 10 days to my op.Wont go too mad on hol tho,dont want to spoil what Ive done up to now.ps still like the bars,I also have the tesco ultra slim meal replacement bars,they are really quite nice.Good luck for your op tomorrow.Gail

Back