• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got My Date For My Sleeve

Willow4

I want to thank you all, because I don't think I would have got this far without you.
After my first appointment in July this year, which was terrible, I really thought I had blown my change of this ever happening.
But I have read all your posts, taken them in and wrote them down.

This time I went in knowing what I wanted, stuck to my diet and yesterday afternoon I got the shock of my life.
Mr Balchandra said "I could have my Sleeve on the 30th October" I am over the moon. I came away with my Pre Op Diet which is 800 / 1000 cal food diet, he did say after the operation I would need an injection everyday for 10 days, when I come home so that will be fun.

Thats great news!!!! Not long to wait anymore :)

I am really happy for you!!

Cant wait to see your updates of pre op diet and of course follow your journey of shrinking ;)

You'll be fine with the injections. I did them for 7 days after i came back home, never ever did any injections before.. The nurse told me how to do it and watched me do it on the day of discharge.. So make sure you ask (if they dont offer) nurse to let you do it once before going home just that you would try it out and would have a 'supervisor' :) :)

Hi Llora
Thank you. Yes I never thought about that, I will ask the nurse. How are you feeling now after your operation.

wooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

WTG hunni congrats too

x x x x xx x x

Now go dance round the kitchen table and celebrate x x x

Hi Llora
Thank you. Yes I never thought about that, I will ask the nurse. How are you feeling now after your operation.

I am fine thank you. I am already two weeks post op! Insane!!

My post op diet rules let me to go on pureed food. I was really scared this morning.. But i am absolutely loving it!! So much more variety and so much more filling than liquids. (I was almost thinking they forgot to do my bypass or i have an extra hole in my pouch.. :)

I do struggle with constipation. But its most likely because i really dont drink enough water..

I only step on the scales once a week (wednesdays) so On wednesday 17th of september scales said i've lost 5.8kg or 12.79lbs since my surgery. I actually could not believe that!

I think i was lucky enough to have a really great start. I am thankful for that and hope it continues like that as well!

Hi Llora
Wow you are doing really well, I hope mine goes like yours. All the best on your journey.

Hi Sam
Thank you. Yes I feel like a child on Christmas morning, so excited.

Hi Wilsnip
Well done on getting your date, yes exciting days ahead. When are you starting your Pre Op diet, and which one are you doing. They have given me a 800 / 1000 food one to start now. Going to my GP next Tuesday, to sort my medication out.
Have they told you to see your GP.

wow that's fantastic news and I'm happy for you! Good luck with the diet and be strong! :)

Hi Wilsnip Well done on getting your date, yes exciting days ahead. When are you starting your Pre Op diet, and which one are you doing. They have given me a 800 / 1000 food one to start now. Going to my GP next Tuesday, to sort my medication out. Have they told you to see your GP.

Hi Willow4
I had a choice if the very low calorie or milk, think im going to op for the milk to get me used to fluids only, so 4pts semi skimmed, one salty drink i.e bovril and 1 and half litres of water, Ns squash. Im going to make the squash into ice lollies so ive got something a bit substantial. Is yr low calorie one food as well as fluids ?

Hi Wilsnip
I never got another option, only food. But I think you are right, it will get you used to the fluids. What date do you start yours. Only 5 weeks then we are on the losers bench.:D

Back