• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

On the news new operation?

beepbeepcat

New trials on less invasive obesity operation apparently been in the news and I caught the tail end of the news report missing the name of it. If anyone can give me information as I have a friend who needs help.
Thanks in advance.

Hannah2

Hannah2

Doctor Byrne is heading up the project to see if it's viable , it just removes the part where hunger hormone is stored so you have no restriction but it removed the appetite , not good for people who are over eaters and have destructive food relationships I guess ?

countrywench

I for one never really ate when I was hungry , I ate all the time , constant grazing .. So I don't think that would help people like me in the long run ..

I would just eat just because I could !! Id eat all day if I could get away with it without looking greedy (I ate secretly) I still find hidden empty crisp packets haaa x if I wasn't restricted Id probably still have bad behaviours I think ! X

nafpnd

Well, hunger and appetite are interrelated but different - most of us who are overweight eat even when full so something else is driving us and many people speak of having a large appetite, I don't know whether that is what has been recently referred to as head hunger or not.

Lynneslims

Emotional eater here so in times of extremes there was no off switch, need restriction so this wouldn't have helped. Also in the past I've been a boredom eater, but now with all the cleaning that I keep doing whilst on LRD I'm hoping some new habits are being formed!!!

Tules

Gosh did anyone watched the recent programme on BBC, title was something like why we are fat. There are so many reasons for overeating, sadly there is no one fit for all solution. A doue dose of a hormone in body (seems pot luck), gut flora, brain/stomach connection.... it seems our bodies, for various reasons, geared towards overeating to store fat. Add emotional element to the mix... minefield.... no wonder we all struggle so.

Sunshine99

@beepbeepcat , Was it called Aspire Assist? I like the idea of that op, but my consultant strongly disapproves. I suppose with there years, and years of training ...they know best. Hope your friend finds the right help, for them. You've done amazing by the way! :0clapper:

beepbeepcat

Thank you