• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

We are in the news again............

Linski

I am so angry the way they talk about us and the ignorance around obesity. I heard on my radio station today that to allow us to have a bypass would help the economy. Well roll on and give me one NOW!! Seriously, they make me so self concious when all this is in the news. I know I am responsible for me being obese but I'll be dammned if I will apologise to anyone for it or feel guilty for needing the NHS to give me back a little I have paid in during my 44 years of working my fingers to the bone and pay my dues. They damn well take my money so they can damn well support me in my quest for a solution to this misery I live in every day. I know a bypass will not take my pschological feelings away or solve them. It does not erase memories of abuse etc but I am sensible enough to know that without this operation I will die early, leave my disabled daughter to fend for herself way too soon, not see my grandchildren grow up or even be born. I know I am blessed with many fortunes and I want this bypass WHY???? BECAUSE I AM DAMN WELL WORTH IT!!!!! Sad but true food gives me a great big hug and its not easy to admit that. If Icould have done this on my own I would have. What amazes me is that during all this media news never once do they mention it is a major operation with many risks. Who would put themselves through this if we could do this on our own.
Personally I think we should give ourselves a pat on the back for having the courage to ask for help, Anyone who thinks that lies comfortably is an idiot. So... do I care as of now what they say NO, am I going to fightr tooth and nail for this bypass? ONE MASSIVE RESOUNDING YES!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to rant but I am totally frustrated with my hospital and the dissaray surrounding admin, over promising, not communicating, losing my letter etc, etc. Its just full of fun isn't it this bypass journey.

Anyway, well done and good luck to all you pending oppers and congratulations to all you post oppers....... I think the last 5 months has aged me 10 years but hey ho battle on!!!!

Linski xxxxx

Meant to say though it's nice to hear someone is thinking deeply and agreeing weight loss surgery is viable and should be made accessable.

Linski

I agree entirely with you :D I dont think there is one person out there who would choose this op if they knew all the details about it, the up and downs. People just think its an easy way out........I do wish there was one. I for one would grab it with both hands :D x

Gosh what can I say? Linski, you little fire-cracker! I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for making you cross! I absolutely agree honey, 110%. With everything you say. I am PROUD of having taken this step; I believe I have been pro-active, bold, courageous and responsible. :D

And I defy anyone to tell me different! :whoopass::rant2::flamingmad:

Lets be LOUD n PROUD!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Linski,

For the very same types of reasons you have cited I have given up on 'absorbing any media hysteria' and just carry on regardless.

I hear it, I see people looking and I just smile at them and carry on my way...

Like you, I have always worked and contributed, but for whatever reason and in whatever circumstances... this is a last resort decision and not taken lightly... we are the ones making decisions for ourselves...

You have said exactly the right thing and well done... never let them grind you down!

Loads of love and hugs on their way to you xxx

it has made such a change to hear a positive news story about WLS.
I belong to another forum and its been possible to read the full report about the cost implications of WLS which was really interesting.
And just goes to prove WLS IS cost effective.

xx

I refuse to listen to the idiots... They make me so mad i wanna reach for a chocolate bar and that is not good for wls patients :) xx

extremely well said linski xxx

I totally agree Linski- the only problem I have is that despite all the money i have paid in over the last 40 odd years, and the saving of future costs, they still refused funding!

Back