• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Year Ago Today......

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
My poor husband was having a very worrying time, My son was doing a parachute jump and I was under the knife.

He said this could be a great or terrible day depending on how things went!! Luckily our son did his jump and enjoyed it and I had my op and came out the other side unscathed !!

My life has changed beyond all recognition.

I am now 150 lbs lighter, I have gone from size 36 to size 16.
I have gone from size 56 bra to a respectable 38 D!!
My feet have shrunk a whole size.
I can buy 6 quid trousers from Asda!!!
I can easily fit in a plane seat with extra room in the belt.
I have taken up scuba diving.
I have had a tattoo to mark my progress!

At the weekend just gone we marked our Pearl Anniversary with a trip to Rome, I climbed to the top of the dome of St Peters in the Vatican, 322 steps in a confined space finishing with a very narrow spiral staircase where I had to use a rope to pull myself up with !! It was exhausting but totally exhilarating!!!

Next year after my hip replacement I plan to take part in one of the Tesco Cancer runs, never thought I would say that!!!

Thank you for all your online support, its been invaluable!!

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_5599.jpg
    IMG_5599.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 317
Wow.....just wow.....you look beyond fantastic.....I'm 3 weeks post op RNY and before reading your post felt like poo ?.....not any more!! Thank you for lifting me from the doldrums ?

What a fabulous year for you, you look like a different woman. Thanks for sharing your photo's and journey with us, what an inspiration :happy096:

You look amazing and what a great way to celebrate you pearl anniversary - congratulations!

Justine x

Well done Lyzzy - looking fantastic! Its funny trying to think back to a year ago - feels longer some days.

My poor husband was having a very worrying time, My son was doing a parachute jump and I was under the knife.

He said this could be a great or terrible day depending on how things went!! Luckily our son did his jump and enjoyed it and I had my op and came out the other side unscathed !!

My life has changed beyond all recognition.

I am now 150 lbs lighter, I have gone from size 36 to size 16.
I have gone from size 56 bra to a respectable 38 D!!
My feet have shrunk a whole size.
I can buy 6 quid trousers from Asda!!!
I can easily fit in a plane seat with extra room in the belt.
I have taken up scuba diving.
I have had a tattoo to mark my progress!

At the weekend just gone we marked our Pearl Anniversary with a trip to Rome, I climbed to the top of the dome of St Peters in the Vatican, 322 steps in a confined space finishing with a very narrow spiral staircase where I had to use a rope to pull myself up with !! It was exhausting but totally exhilarating!!!

Next year after my hip replacement I plan to take part in one of the Tesco Cancer runs, never thought I would say that!!!

Thank you for all your online support, its been invaluable!!

Inspirational lady!....You are amazing xx:553:

What a transformation. Congrats, I can only imagine how proud and happy you are with your new self. Keep up

People don't recognise me, yesterday I had a strange experience because I bumped into the lady who was in the bed next to me in hospital and she didn't recognise me, although I did recognise her from her distinctive laugh!! between us we have lost 19 stone!!

Thank you Mad midwife!! I am still going strong, 11 stone gone now and very happy, seem to have more restriction now, can't eat anything but in small quantities!!

Back