• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Year!

Serapis Bey

Today is my 1 year surgiversary.

I'm so pleased I had the RNY GB, it's been an amazing tool that's enabled me too lose weight.

I'm really happy with the weight that i've lost. I know it's a lot less that people who started at a similar weight to mine, but I did expect slower weight loss and really don't mind at all.

I've gone from a size 28/30 to a small 18 and 24.6 stones to 15.13 stones.
That#s a loss of 8 and a half stones in a year :D

I met with my surgeon last week, she's REALLY happy with my progress, I asked her what weight she thinks I will get down to and she emphatically said 14 stones. :)

The pro's are too many to mention.
Weight loss being the main one.
I can do more cardiovascular exercise at the gym

The only con is I've lost too much muscle mass and have a flatish bum.....the one thing I was dreading :(
I'm working HARD at the gym on the squat machine and leg press to try and rebuild my gluteus maximus.

A strange thing is I've lost weight all over except for my face. I hope I have a slimmer face eventually.

All in all, I really happy with the results and would do it again in a heartbeat.

awww well done :) so glad its all going so well for you :) xxx

I met with my surgeon last week, she's REALLY happy with my progress, I asked her what weight she thinks I will get down to and she emphatically said 14 stones. :)

Aaaaah, that must have been lovely and uplifting! :p

As for not losing weight on your face, I know the feeling -- on all my previous diet attempts I have thought that my face has stayed the same (well almost) and certainly the double chin never disappears ...... I do not know how much weight loss it would take for that to disappear, or if I should just invest in some super strength invisible tape !!!!:8855:

Congrats on your progress so far and happy surgiversary !!!

happy Surgerversay hun-and well done on your weight loss. i'm a no-bum girl now and hoping to rebuild too ! Must say there's no sign of it yet....
Keep us posted-especially about your be-hind!

Happy surgiversery n congrats on the weight loss uve dun great well dun :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hey really well done on the weight loss!! i cnt wait to be down to 15 stone :)

regarding the not losing weight on your face, tht was the first thing ppl noticed about me, my mum keeps goin on about home im getting a defined chin now lol.

my stomach however seems to be the last place i will lose it, so im gettin defined shoulders, perkier boobs, slimmer legs nd bum but still a round pot belly lol :-(

and regards the bum my bf says its rather nice now :) its always been so big but now its more in proportion with the rest of my body.

ah well ive still got a long way to go yet, hopefully it will even out!

keep up the good work, all those squats will be worth it come the summer when your wondering round in hot pants ;-)

nic xx

Aaaaah, that must have been lovely and uplifting! :p

As for not losing weight on your face, I know the feeling -- on all my previous diet attempts I have thought that my face has stayed the same (well almost) and certainly the double chin never disappears ...... I do not know how much weight loss it would take for that to disappear, or if I should just invest in some super strength invisible tape !!!!:8855:

Congrats on your progress so far and happy surgiversary !!!

Thanks Sharonimo!

I'll go halves with you on that super strength invisible tape! :D

happy Surgerversay hun-and well done on your weight loss. i'm a no-bum girl now and hoping to rebuild too ! Must say there's no sign of it yet....
Keep us posted-especially about your be-hind!

Thanks Miss Tickle :)
I will let you know how the booty-building goes. I'm thinking that an increase of protein may be needed inconjuction with the weights.
I wonder if one of the guys that lift weights on the forum could offer some advice :)

congrats on the weight loss you have done fantastic and achived alot in a year well done you, and happy surgiversery. xxxxxxxx

congratulations on such a great weight loss. well done and i wish you good luck on the remainder of your wls journey xx

well your not so plump now!! well done and Happy Surgery Birthday xxx

Wee done on an amazing first year, wishing you many happy returns of the day x

I've never had much of a behind - so heaven help me when I'm a year post surgery!

Happy Surgiversary and Congrats on your weight loss x

Back