• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One year on

I can do!

IMG_2971.PNG IMG_2973.PNG Had my bypass on 30th march last year and looking at the before and after pictures I can't believe the difference 12 months can make. I look like two different people!
But why do I look in the mirror and still see the big me?
Why do I still go to the plus size clothes shops first?
Why do I still feel like a size 26 not the 10-12 I'm buying now?
I feel so lucky to have this chance of a better/healthier life and can't thank my surgeon or the dietitian enough.
My highlights so far have been fitting in an aeroplane seat with loads of spare room, being able to park in a multi storey and have enough room to get in or out of the car without having to drive round and look for a space on the end so I can open the door wide enough to fit. Taking my 3 grandchildren to Disneyland Paris this year and I'll be going on every single ride with them, i won't be the one holding the bags and pretending I don't like the rides. I can't wait!!!
The last year has been quite a journey but l'd do it all over again.

Wow you do look like a completely different person!

Well done you & love all your NSV.
To now be able to go on those rides with your grandchildren well be the icing on the cake!! Lol

I know you would do it all again but what would you say was some of the hard parts?

Everyone’s journey is so different its fascinating.

Interesting that you still see yourself as a big person. I wonder why? Maybe our brains just takes a while to catch up with our achievement.

Again well done looking good!

Congratulations on your achievements! You have done so well in one year and it looks like you even surpassed your original weight loss goal. All the best with maintenance.

I can’t believe that’s the same person what a transformation you look wonderful xx

Back