• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

onwards and up wards

Nicola robinson

well I'm now 8 weeks post op the weight is slow 1 to 2lbs a week but constant. I have now lost 6 and half stone since January 25th 2012 which was 4 stone post op so 2 and half st in 8 weeks I think is ok.

I know I need to drink more but find I'm too busy as I have loads of energy to get rid of.

is this kind of weight normal ?

finding most foods ok do not like the taste of flat coke a cola which is bizarre as that was my drug before my op lol not alcohol, not sweets just diet coke.

:D I can also iron standing up now which has been impossible for me for the last two years as I was so over weight and suffered from arthritis even though I still have aches and pains no need to take pain relief I can cope with that.

Also last week we went to whitby and I walked all over including up the 199 steps to the Abbey I impressed myself lol as I know I would never have attempted it 2 years ago.

So everything is looking good. My 1st appt post op at Sunderland is 19th Sept so looking forward to it hope they are pleased with me.

I have also just been retested for sleep apnoea so I am expecting that to come back negative and then I can dispense with the machine .

so fingers crossed.........

Sounds like you are doing really well Nicola. That's a good weight loss, especially as you lost a lot pre op and lovely to hear how much your life is improving. I'm sure your team will be very happy with you. Keep up the good work :) x

Thats fantastic Nicola you are doing really well, sounds bout right the weightloss, well done on the steps upto the Abbey, we don't usually go up there but we do park on the top near the portaloos and paddling pool, its a long walk down n back up that big bank but it is a lovely one, lovely to hear that you can stand and iron now things most people would take for granted, and i really hope you slep test comes back negative as did mine was so excited getting that machine taken back wohoo, bring it on xx

Well done Nicola. I'm keen to hear what is said at your post-op as I'll be 8 weeks out this Saturday, though mine was a sleeve. I also lost a load pre-op, over 4st and have lost 1st 9lbs since. I have been losing steadily, and thought it would have been more, but at least it's off not on....
As of yet, I have no follow up appointment yet was told it would be at 6 weeks...?
I am also from Bishop Auckland - What a coincidence!

Hi Nicola have just started apost about a meeting in Durham would love for you to come if its possible check it out!!!!!!!

thanks Chrisa will check it out if I can come I will xxxx

thanks people for your words of encouragement x

Back