• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update on Pop's

cassiecat

Firstly can I thank everyone who has sent their good wishes regarding my Pop's - it means so much :)

Well , Pops still has Catheter , was blocked thus causing an infection which would explain why he was in so much discomfort !! Not helped by the lack of care from the Dn's upon discharge :mad:

Had another bombshell today - they found cancerous cells in his lymph nodes and now is being referred to Clatterbridge for Chemo : ( this is in addition to the suspect swelling they've found in his chest - if not one thing tis another x

On a plus side have had response to the complaint I raised regarding the "uncaring unprofessional". Obviously they are very apologetic and wish to resume care immediately however as I explained this would depend on my Dad's feeling as he was very upset about the way he and my mum where treated!!
I have had a good chat to him today - told him my mum cant cope and she is geting very stressed and that if as they promise they will send in a different team then would he agree - he agreed (phew) x
This at least will make things a bit easier for my mum and now we have also managed to get a referral to the MacMillon Nurses too .
Here's hoping things start improving from here on in :sigh:

Sounds like you've been aving a terrible time pleased your parents are now getting the care they should have and should have had take care xx

oh the macmillain nurses are amazing!! my dad had them :)
glad he will now be getting the care he deserves :)
:) xxx

Glad the care side has been sorted out for him. Your due for some good luck soon, hope it hurrys up!

Kim

Back