• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op booked .... so excited!

blue-rose13

Hey all

I finally decided to have the op and am booked in with Prof B Amorri in dec. I am nervous as i am travelling to manchester from Fife, but im sure it will be worth it.

Does anyone have any advise as to what questions i should ask etc and about your pre op diet?

The Prof is my hero! I was sleeved by him on October 5th and have just been for my first post-op check up - I am down exactly 3 stone! His team are fab too so I think you have definitely made the right choice. Are you going to be at The Alexandra?

If you have any questions specifically about the Prof feel free to ask :). I'm so excited for you :D.

New

Hi

Sorry for a poor introduction.... will try again

I hate talking about myself so this kind of thing is hard.

I have been battling with my weight for years, consistantly gaining since i was about 15 years old. I have tried (and i guess most of you have too) various slimming clubs, diets, fitness camps, hypnotherapy, acupuncture, meal replacement programs, slimming tablets, prescription drugs...everything! I would manage, with alot of time and patience to loose small amounts of weight, but within a year i gained what weight i lost plus that amount again.

It was not till I got married and wanted a family did i realise exactly how big i am and the number of health issues i have because of the weight.

I cannot say that i had a specific "Ah ha" momment, but several things over the last 2 years made me research bariatric surgery as a way to get my life back. This surgery is not available at all on the NHS where i live and i was very lucky to have a family member offer to send me private.

In reading your stories and posts i am relieved to know that other people have been in similar situations and have created a new slimmer life for themselves. you are all an inspiration to me! Thank you :)

Thats amazing! go you!

Yeh, I have consultation at the spire then the actual surgery at the Alexandra. Im more nervous about being in a huge city on my own than the actual op. lol

I have the low carb pre op diet, but im worried it wont shrink my liver enough and i am lactose sensitive so m=no milk diet for me.

well done again on your weight loss!

hi there welcome and good luck for your journey

I have the low carb pre op diet, but im worried it wont shrink my liver enough and i am lactose sensitive so m=no milk diet for me.

well done again on your weight loss!

You will be fine! The Alex is in Cheadle, which is quite a way outside the city centre so don't worry too much! It's a lovely hospital and I was looked after really well there - although the wifi is rubbish so definitely take a book or something to keep you occupied! I was planning on just using my iPad but it was a bit of a struggle!

Don't worry about the pre-op diet either, as long as you stick to it you will be fine. The first four days were hell for me but after that I was hardly hungry. I was worried about my liver too, and when prof Ammori came to see me post-op, the first thing I asked was whether I had shrunk it enough! He said it was still a little fatty but it didn't cause him any problems.

I don't know if you mentioned what surgery you were having? I apologise if you did and I had just missed it!

Back