• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op to 1st Band fill weightloss?

Hi there

I had op on 28th August and lost 10lb pre op

1st fill at 5 weeks on 1st October and was 30lb donw in total.

Next fill next Tuesday x fingers crossed for another loss x

I had my op on August 23rd, I had my first fill at 5 weeks on September 27th, during those 5 weeks I lost
week 1 - 10lb
week 2 - 2lb
week 3 - 4lb
week 4 - 3lb
week 5 - 2lb (I actually put on 2lb in first half of this week, then lost 4, so overall was a loss of 2lb)

So lost 21lb from op to first fill.

Im now 9 weeks post op and have lost as of today 50lb but do not yet have restriction from my band.

it can take several fills to feel any restriction. After I had my first fill, it really made me hungry and stimulated the stomach/hunger and I could have eaten a horse. After the time on liquids only and mash again post fill, I could still eat what I wanted. . .I had a 2nd fill of a further ml 2 weeks later, and although that is 2 weeks ago, I still do not have restriction and would not even know that my band were there if it didn't kick in if I eat too quickly. But me personally, I am still able to eat what I want, and in what quantities I want, and it is only limiting what I eat, counting calories etc and real strong will and willpower that what I eat is limited. . .

My provider said on average it takes 3-4 fills to get to a place of feeling restriction, some people it takes more, some people it takes less. I was chatting with someone from here the other day, who almost a year on, still does not feel restriction . . .so I think that yes, its pretty common :)

I lost 13lbs in the two weeks post op and then 20lbs in the first six weeks post op before my first fill. Even now I do still rely on calorie counting and will power to a certain extent because I don't have really tight restriction. Some times of the month I do tighten, so I am happy with with the level of fill I have. Don't want the problems that come with being over restricted.

Yep most providers are 6 weeks for first fill and as for a 10 ml band I can reassure u that u won't make 10 mls mines at 7 mls and I'm going for a defill as I'm as tight as a submarine door :( x

I didnt have a fill at six weeks but I have just checked my diary and at six weeks I had lost 34 lbs :D

It can depend how much you weigh to begin with. I wasn't considered a "very heavy" person and didn't loose much before my fill. I now feel some restriction but may need a bit more soon. xxx

Back