• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

op went great... on the road to recovery

vickip99

Well today was op day for me in sunderland, and i feel loads better after sleeping off anastetic. Little bit of niggley pains but thats just trapped wind. Been up walking about to try and shift it. Having little sips of water too.

Surgeons, doctors and nursing staff put 110% in there job. They are the most lovely, loving staff ive seen in a hospital for a long time.

Sally your in excellent hands amd have nothing to worry about. Waitin on doctors coming to see me but thats probably goin to be tomorrow now xx

Great news, welcome to the losers bench I'm 5 days post op :)

Thanks mrshengy how r u feeling? How did u mamage to pass the operation wind if u dont mind me askin lol. Been told to keep mobile so tomorrow im gonna walk some miles up nd down ward corridoor ha x

Thanks mrshengy how r u feeling? How did u mamage to pass the operation wind if u dont mind me askin lol. Been told to keep mobile so tomorrow im gonna walk some miles up nd down ward corridoor ha x

I had some sharp pains in my left shoulder which I was told was wind but that was it, I did feel really sick and heaving a lot but was never sick! Hope the wind eases soon for you xx

woo hoo, Vicky! welcome to the losers bench,now get ready to start your new life

Great news- so good to hear it went well. I'm 3 days behind you, so keep us posted!

Thanks everyone for very supportive messages. Will keep posting my progress x

Does anyone kno how to shift post op wind? Been up nd down all night tryin to get comfy with it x

I hear people say just to keep moving about abd the wind will go from one end or the other! Peppermint tea is the other it just takes time

Yes staying mobile is the best but it is crippling you can understand why babies cry with wind/colic pains. peppermint does help. Keep turning in bed if ya can that helps too then it doesn't settle in one place. xxx well done xx

Well today was op day for me in sunderland, and i feel loads better after sleeping off anastetic. Little bit of niggley pains but thats just trapped wind. Been up walking about to try and shift it. Having little sips of water too. Surgeons, doctors and nursing staff put 110% in there job. They are the most lovely, loving staff ive seen in a hospital for a long time. Sally your in excellent hands amd have nothing to worry about. Waitin on doctors coming to see me but thats probably goin to be tomorrow now xx

So pleased it's gone well for you, I'm all set now will be there at 2:30 tomorow. How exitingxx

Its very exciting! Just stay calm all nurses and doctors are lovely and so helpful so dont be scared to ask for anything. Also if i were u bring some fruit in coz i mever had anythin from 12 midday til about 5pm but nd thats all i had except water and milk. Today only allwed 1ltr of water. Tryin puree tomorrow nd if all well keeping it down i can go home x

Its very exciting! Just stay calm all nurses and doctors are lovely and so helpful so dont be scared to ask for anything. Also if i were u bring some fruit in coz i mever had anythin from 12 midday til about 5pm but nd thats all i had except water and milk. Today only allwed 1ltr of water. Tryin puree tomorrow nd if all well keeping it down i can go home x

Thanks for the warning!! I'll bring in some fruit, did you not get any food? I'll be starving haha! X

No coz they only allow u the food off the diet u were on. So if youve been on diet 1 of milk, yogurts, fruit and soup. You can either have fruit or soup so i had 2 pieces of fruit with a yogurt. 2 other girls had soup but thats all they had x

Back